Sign in to follow this  
mikejr

Samdim An-24RV takeoff problems

Apoligies if this is not the correct forum to be posting this.I recently downloaded and installed the new samdim An-24. I began to test it when i discovered at rotation, i could not takeoff at all, barely even lift the nosewheel off the tarmac!What the...!? At first i though it was to do with the autopilot being on, no. Elevator trim, no. Anything else, no. All controls work, but don't lift the plane. I have tried everything with no success. I have had this problem before with other aircraft which has been unresolveable but i'd really like to fly this great model.Please get back to me as soon as possible, thanks.

Mike 

Guest zzmikezz

mikejr,Wild guess ...In aircraft.cfg, check "pitch_MOI" -- the pitch moment of intertia. You might try lowering this value substantially to see if it makes a difference.Also in aircraft.cfg, you might try increasing "elevator_effectiveness", I believe it's called. Maybe multiply it by five and see what happens.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFinally, if you're using a joystick or other controller, is there a chance that the pitch axis has gone out of calibration?I hope this helps,

>I recently downloaded and installed the new samdim An-24. >There's a new one? I hope so :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Ok, i'll give that a try. Hope it helps. I'll get back to you soon. Thanks

Mike