Sign in to follow this  
simman

ez scenery

I use both EZ and it's much improved version named Instant Scenery (both by the sane author) but I only run XP.You can try either of them to see if there are any issues under Vista with a free trial download.EZ comes from Abacus while Instant Scenery is available from Flight1.If you decide to purchase, I personally think Instant Scenery is the better program - more options and it works with FSX also.Hope this is helpful

>If you decide to purchase, I personally think Instant Scenery>is the better program - more options and it works with FSX>also.Opa, could you please list the additional features Instant scenery has which EZ does not have? I have EZ and wonder if I should also go for Instant Scenery....Thanks, Peter

Hi,For each object you also have the ability to adjust:BankPitchScenery Density (Dense, Sparse, etc.).It also has an improved visual interface - once you delete an object it's gone NOW, as opposed to the next time you restart FS.It also works with FSX as well as FS2004.You also have the capability of having Thumbnail images for each object, so you have a preview of what it looks like (not very useful in my opinion).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thank you, Tom.as I am still not going for FSX, I think I will for the moment stay with EZ, also because I still use Lago's FSE which in my opinion is still the best program concerning features ( it includes dynamic scenery with tracks and sounds ). But there are no more new items coming up because Lago is gone and the exchange server is out. The negative issue with it is that scenery can be played only with this program and not stand-alone.Peter

Tom outlined the basic improvements but I don't think he mentioned "support".If after the sale support is important to you, my experience has been that support from Abacus is marginal at best while support from Flight1 is very, very good.The same author wrote both programs and I feel more comfortable using the program from the company he now works for.Also, I find the "thumbnail" feature very useful. You can make your own for almost any library and there is a file here at Avsim which has ready made thumbnails for all of the RWY12 objects - a great time saver.I have both and use Instant Scenery far more often than EZ.Just my two cents worth.

I have all three, the real shame is that Lago's FSE doesn't work stand alone because the tracks and sounds feature and seasons application were fantastic.I have always wondered why a new developer couldn't make something similar.I also liked the locating line drawn to the object as a great way of finding the object.Is there a way of doing tracks and sounds like Lago's FSE? I don't know of any.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

>Also, I find the "thumbnail" feature very useful. You can>make your own for almost any library and there is a file here>at Avsim which has ready made thumbnails for all of the RWY12>objects - a great time saver.>There's also a file here that contains thumbnails for most every EZS package, though not all. But over 4,000 IIRC.IS is a more mature product than EZS and one great thing it does is keep track of all the scenery files that the design work is using, allowing for an easy listing of downloads for the end-user.

In the Instant Scenery_readme.pdf see the section on sharing your scenery(pg 18). Basically it is under the "?" on the pull down menu.ie. acessing and using the Library Maker. You will be able to see the add-on libraries used and the library models used. You can then upon sharing your scenery provide that information to end users, so they have the libraries necessary to see your add-on scenery.

A few more Instant Scenery advantages:* You can move/edit existing taxiway signs or create new ones.* You can create exclusion rectangles. No more having to use a seperate program for this.* A preview function that shows your afcad layout in FS9. This is very cool and lets you quickly check the placement of taxiways, aprons, etc. without having to reload the scenery. One of my peeves about AFCAD was that it would sometimes take forever to load the list of airports. IS does this very quickly...less wasted time.Sidney Schwartz KPDX

>A few more Instant Scenery advantages:>>* You can move/edit existing taxiway signs or create new>ones.>* You can create exclusion rectangles. No more having to use a>seperate program for this.>* A preview function that shows your afcad layout in FS9. This>is very cool and lets you quickly check the placement of>taxiways, aprons, etc. without having to reload the scenery. >>One of my peeves about AFCAD was that it would sometimes take>forever to load the list of airports. IS does this very>quickly...less wasted time.>>Sidney Schwartz KPDXAre you sure you are taling about the Instant Scenery program?I have not found any features in it such as you have just described.

I think he's talking about AFX. That has all those features.>>A few more Instant Scenery advantages:>>>>* You can move/edit existing taxiway signs or create new>>ones.>>* You can create exclusion rectangles. No more having to use>a>>seperate program for this.>>* A preview function that shows your afcad layout in FS9.>This>>is very cool and lets you quickly check the placement of>>taxiways, aprons, etc. without having to reload the scenery.>>>>>One of my peeves about AFCAD was that it would sometimes>take>>forever to load the list of airports. IS does this very>>quickly...less wasted time.>>>>Sidney Schwartz KPDX>>Are you sure you are taling about the Instant Scenery>program?>>I have not found any features in it such as you have just>described.>>>

That is what I thought also - just could not remember the AFX name when I posted my doubts.