Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdescente1156

FSPassengers, FSCrew, etc help/advise

Guest kdescente1156

I have tried out the demo of FSPassengers and was fairly pleased with it. Im wondering what others are using along the lines of 'passengers' flight addons- and your opinions of them. Is FSCrew any better? Are there other software aside from those two tha provide 'passenger' flights?Many thanks in advance!

FSCrew does something totally different than FSPassengers. It simulates the crew on board and not the passengers and their reactions although there are incidents like a heart attack and air rage scripted. One can use them together.

>FSCrew does something totally different than FSPassengers. It>simulates the crew on board and not the passengers and their>reactions although there are incidents like a heart attack and>air rage scripted. One can use them together.I now fly the ATR 72-500 with FS2crew and FSPassenger (and RC4) togeteher and it's not without problems. I get penalties from FSPassenger because I start the engine before turning on the strobe light and because of excessive long waiting time at the airport. Truth is I start the engine in hotel mode and then before releasing the propellerbrake I turn on the strobe light according to the checklist. Also according to FS2crew a 30 minutes is required for different setup operation.

I can't fly without FSPassengers any more -- it's a must have for me. The ability to set altimeter, heading, speed, etc., using the keyboard, the reminders at FL100 and Transition Altitude, and the flight criteria reports are a great help and a lot of fun. The passenger screams when in a stall are great, too, that is, if you're sick like me! :-coolI have also opted for FDC Live Cockpit, even though I already own a couple of FSCrew packages simply because FDC can be configured for any plane, whereas you need to buy FS2Crew for each aircraft you want it in.Don't forget ActiveSky 6.5 and RadarContact if you don't have them already!

Why don't you start your FSPassengers flight just as you are about to taxi then?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Why don't you start your FSPassengers flight just as you are>about to taxi then?>When I start FSPassenger I set the amount of fuel in the plane. From what I understand FS2crew needs that info early to get it right.

Disable the light penalty in moreoption.cfg. Sounds like you're doing everything right anyway, you don't even need it. I disabled it simply because I fly in so many different parts of the world.Still waiting for my replacement motherboard --

>I can't fly without FSPassengers any more -- it's a must have>for me. Could not agree more, great thing.

You can set the fuel amount earlier using the normal FS fuel menu, then just leave it as is when you fire up FSPassengers.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Comparing the above products is more often than not an apples to oranges argument... there is some minor overlap between all of them to a small degree, but generally the differences are stronger. Each caters to its own sub-niche market in already already niche industry.I'm biased of course since I develop FS2Crew, but if I were the OP I'd just go onto YouTube and do a search for FS2Crew, XPax, FDC, FSPassengers, etc.User submitted videos of the product in actual action are worth 100,000 words and 10 reviews (although sometimes it's tough for me as the developer because I see how my users are using my software and notice all the mistakes they're making :-) )Watching videos is one of the best ways to determine if a product is right for you.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan nailed it right on the head with what he said, I ALWAYS go on youtube to find out if a product is right for me, ALWAYS. I just type in the name of the product im interrested in on youtube and it always seems to give me a very good idea on if the product is what i was looking for.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>You can set the fuel amount earlier using the normal FS fuel>menu, then just leave it as is when you fire up FSPassengers.>Yes I found out that. But there still was a problem with the data given for ground weight. FSPassenger got it significantly higher than the FS fuel menue indicated. Thus the speed bugs settings in the FS2crew loadsheet is propably incorrect.

Hey kdescente1156,You might want to try the FlightDeck SFX Panel. Here in the library as 'fdsfxpnl.zip'. I may be tootin' my own horn here but with over 40,000 downloads to date just at AVSIM, it can't be all bad. ;-) Lot's of add-ons for it here too.I think a lot of simmers start of with this one and then move on to more sophisticated payware programs.Just a suggestion...

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit