Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihongo

Washington DC scenery errors

Guest nihongo

I think I had some serious issues with Cloud 9's demo scenery at KDCA and 1 trial aircraft. But now I am missing the Potomac and also have some 'block' textures on water (squares...) seen from around 10000ft. I think I need to reinstall the default scenery for that area. Does anyone have a clue how I can do this? I tried to search for all the naughty files including if I possibly installed DC photo scenery ( I can't find any remnants--just the download which I might not have installed). The blocky coast on the way up to LGA is way out of range of DC, so can anyone diagnose my fault? I was having some system crashes whilst in DC too..... I hope I have completely removed Cloud9s product including the bg....dll files which may be the culprits.Everything in FS2004 seems to run great, just this little glitch, and I don't want to complain about Cloud9 either. I just want to fix this slight problem. It may be me, you never know. lolDo I have to reinstall all of FS2004??? Or copy my backup default scenery completely to FS2004 scenery?editOh, after reading the forums I think it may be a memory issue (photoreal and especially near addon airports...), if that helps you experts....It has happened anywhere, where I was driving in Israel into Tel Aviv with the excellent Israeli photo and airport scenery, and Paris (aerosoft).also I have altered the fs9.cfg file to the VOZ specs as to allow for greater display of photoreal scenery. I have solved the system crashes, but I want to fix those east coast 'blocks' now edit

Guest nihongo

Is it a BGL file I should copy from the default to restore my default scenery? (between DC including the missing Potomac and up to New York on the way where there are some 'blocks'!)I can't find anything in the scenery config addons file for washington DC.Does anyone have any experience on this?