Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Heavy Antonovs for AI

Another AI related question (well two actually):-> Is there a decent AI AN124 model anywhere - I can only find the PAI one and it's got some pretty awful testure-mapping problems!-> The AI AN-225 from the library looks great, but it never arrives properly at airports - it just appears in the parking space. Anyone else had this (and fixed it)? I didn't try using the A380 airfile yet but that will be tonight (for that matter, I've not cheched that the A380s land either!Cheers,Geoff

I downloaded and installed the AI AN-225 and set up a simple out and back Traffic file for it - flying out and back from KDFW - the aircraft requires a LONG runway to get airborne.It worked beautifully for me. One of the gentlest landings I have seen an AI craft perform.What a bird ! I sure am glad I don't have to pay the fuel bill (six engines) or the tire bill for that matter (I lost count of the tires on the landing gear!) If it is just sitting for you I would have to suspect the afcad you are using - check to see if the parking space where you saw the plane is actually connected to the taxiway system. Otherwise any aircraft that starts at that spot will just sit until it times out.Hope this is helpful.