Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Paul Scarratt classic analogue 737 Panel

Hello AllOn the strength of Paul Scarratts 737ng panel i decided to try his classic analogue panel (737/300)whilst this is a very nice looking panel which i spent a long time adding all my favourite gauges to,when it came to a test flight i found some little niggles ie i could only start the engines with the old shift E method,there where no avionics or pitot heat switches and there was no kneeboard icon either(i presume i could add the switches from other aircraft)I was wondering if any body else uses this panel and what you think about it,maybe someone has customised it to add the missing switches/gauges.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest william273

hi andy,i used to have both his panels but since i use the VC i don't use 2D anymore. i downloaded it again a few months back but thought i noticed a few things missing in both panels compared to what they looked like a long time ago.sorry but i don't remember what they were but since you mentioned it i remember wondering if something has changed on it or not...never found out.i do know that most everything DID used to work but now it looks a bit watered down. sorry not to be of more help here but wanted to chime in on this anyway. they were both great panels though. william

Thanks WilliamSometimes when i post its more in hope than expectation and this post was one of those.So thanks for your thoughts.I have just added the various missing gauges from other aircraft panels its not perfect(looks wise anyway)but i will test out tonight.Seems strange that such a nice panel is missing these basic gauges/switches.cheers Andy

Guest william273

i know the classic panel was freeware and paul charged for the NG panel which i totally agree with...heck the classic was payware quality too but was free.anyway from what i remember both panels had a few sub panels and an excellent manual for each...better than most payware manuals. on the recent download of both panels i didn't see ANY sub panels at all and the navigational display didn't seem to have all the different nav displays it used to have. the old version had like 4 or 5 but this only has about 2 and that's it.i am pretty sure they are NOT the same any more for whatever reason which is sad because they were some of the best panels out there including payware. good luck with your project andy, william

>i know the classic panel was freeware and paul charged for>the NG panel which i totally agree with...heck the classic was>payware quality too but was free.>>anyway from what i remember both panels had a few sub panels>and an excellent manual for each...better than most payware>manuals. on the recent download of both panels i didn't see>ANY sub panels at all and the navigational display didn't seem>to have all the different nav displays it used to have. the>old version had like 4 or 5 but this only has about 2 and>that's it.>>i am pretty sure they are NOT the same any more for whatever>reason which is sad because they were some of the best panels>out there including payware. good luck with your project>andy,> >william> Thanks WilliamI have given the panel a good try,but there now problems with the autopilot as well ie if you are setting your altitude for instance it will sometimes alter your ias as well at the same time.Also on my test flight (having spent ages adding my favourite gauges etc)the aircraft taxied down the runway and took off by itself with no input from me, so its back to my old panel for now.cheers Andy

I use the PS analogue classic panel and yes, I had to amend the overhead substantially to give it what it needed. There are a few oddities - like one of the throttle levers occasionally failing to respond - but generally it's OK.;)