Sign in to follow this  
claviermichel

Interesting but puzzling

Hi to All,This may be not new to some of you but I found out that by removing from the Aircraft folder a folder named VIP - which was created during the installation of SB3 - I could reduce the loading time of FS9 from 6 minutes plus to 1 minute 30 seconds. This is the good news at least for me. The obvious question is can SB3 function without this folder knowing that it includes a huge amount of airplane models which may be vital when flying online?.I would appreciate your comments for my education.Best regards

Yes, it will function. However, you will have problems with seeing other users' aircraft in their proper liveries. The VIP folder contains simple aircraft used by SB3 and FSInn to display various airlines during on-line sessions.I use FSInn, not SB3, but I guess VIP usage follows the same rules.The long loading time does depend on the amount of aircraft. The same situation goes for having a lot of AI aircraft, which is my case.Best regards,Rafal

Hi Rafal,Well, I believe I will have to put back the VIP folder in the Aircraft folder whenever I fly with SB3.May I ask you why you choose FSInn rather than SB3?(My apologies if this is not the suitable forum for discussing online flying softwares).Best regards,

>May I ask you why you choose FSInn rather than SB3?Sure, no problem. I tried SB some time ago and I just didn't like it at all. Neither did my system. When FSInn came out I automatically fell in love with it. Looks great, is very user-friendly, has a non-stop evolution and support, has a great traffic radar, a pushback option (FSCopilot), leaves no bad trace on my system and FS itself, etc. I really enjoy flying VATSIM with FSInn.I recommend that you try. If you dislike it, you may always return to SB3.Best regards,RafalP.S. VIP is not necessary if you have a lot of AI traffic and want to assign it as the visible on-line traffic. But to make it work you need some time and effort, so having VIP is just simpler.

You could have two aircraft_X folders and write a small batch file which changes the name of one or other folder to "Aircraft" depending on whether you with to fly online or not... Geoff