Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluesman666

aircraft on runway

Guest bluesman666

HiAnybody know how to stop AI a/c taxiing onto the runway, just as I amabout to land, thus causing a crashThanksDave

The first thing I would do would be to check the afcad for the airport in question and see if hold short nodes are missing on the taxiway(s)- they would be near the runway - where this occurs.

Guest bluesman666

HiThanks for thatThe thing is, what can I do if I'm not using ATC ?Dave

You should also set AI traffic to zero% if not using ATC. If you still want AI traffic, I would reduce it to a lower number.This will not eliminate the possibility of crashes, but will increase your chances of not having one.Sort of controlling your chances of winning Russian roullette.LOL.Ron

Ron Service

>>Hi,>>>>Then ATC has no idea you are landing and they will not hold>>short AI planes.>>>>Jim>>>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>>http://www.hifisim.com/>>>Well if you aren't using ATC, why are you asking about AI>aircraft taxiing onto the runway you have not received>clearance to land on? Naughty naughty. :-)Because the latest patch establishes a mind meld with you through the Track IR device and knows exactly what you are thinking.

Guest bluesman666

because sometimes I just like to have a quick flight, so I take of, do a large circuit, and then land. During this, I just like to see a bit of actiityI think the ATC is pretty rubbishIt's just that the number of times a plane rolls onto to the runway just as I am about to land, is amazing, like 'deliberate'Anyway, I'll reduce the AI to 60%, maybe that will cut the incidenceCheersDave

I use AI-Smooth and it seems to help. I agree, the ATC in MSFS (any series) is not very realistic and I don't use it either.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest flightsimmernick

Does not take a second to inform ATC of your landing intentions and to confirm that you are about to land though. Your right the FS ATC is not very life like but might help you with your problem.

Guest RonB49

>Your right the FS ATC is not very life like . . .I don't understand why everyone says this. Granting that there are limitations, for what it does, it is amazing. And I'm speaking from experience. I developed and published "FlyVFR" back in the FS98 days. It provided voice ATC using the FS Flightshop voice set.I can tell you that it was quite an undertaking just to issue instructions to the usere's aircraft and just for VFR conditions. I find the default ATC to be very good.I did enhance it with AI Smooth, EditVoicePack (accellerated voices), and a taxi speed increase but otherwise it is standard. Sure I get tired of too many handoffs and would like the ability to declare an emergency but given the complexity of what it does and how many AI planes that some of us throw at it, I still think it is great and feel that it gets a bum rap from too many people.R-PS -- YES, I admit that I am a "glass-half-full" kinda guy. R-PPS -- I'll even accept the description "a really excited user." Else why am I still here? R-

Guest bluesman666

Actually of course, you're right, the ATC does cope well given the complexity of the siuation, so sorry for my very negative attitude towards itHowever, I just like to do a circuit without ATC, but want to stop these a/c spoiling my landingsOh wellDave

Turn off crashes... simple. If you can "pretend" that you can fly without ATC, then you can "pretend" that there is no such thing as a crash. "Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it? Hear it goes..."Just flippin land the plane junior.... :)

>>Your right the FS ATC is not very life like . . .>>I don't understand why everyone says this. Granting that>there are limitations, for what it does, it is amazing. And>I'm speaking from experience. I developed and published>"FlyVFR" back in the FS98 days. It provided voice ATC using>the FS Flightshop voice set.>>I can tell you that it was quite an undertaking just to issue>instructions to the usere's aircraft and just for VFR>conditions. I find the default ATC to be very good.>>I did enhance it with AI Smooth, EditVoicePack (accellerated>voices), and a taxi speed increase but otherwise it is>standard. Sure I get tired of too many handoffs and would>like the ability to declare an emergency but given the>complexity of what it does and how many AI planes that some of>us throw at it, I still think it is great and feel that it>gets a bum rap from too many people.>>R->>PS -- YES, I admit that I am a "glass-half-full" kinda guy. >R->>PPS -- I'll even accept the description "a really excited user." Else why>am I still here? R-I agreeAs my skills have improved and i have taken the time to learn correct descent speeds approach speeds over the years ,i rarely have problems with the default ATC these days.When i first started to try the larger passenger jets i had all sorts of trouble ie ATC would assign me a runway for instance it would give me coarse changes etc and at that time(THE LEARNING PERIOD) i was descending far to slow AND also approaching to slow as well in attempt to get my landing right, and often ATC would stop 'seeing me'(got bored)give me a course and then forget about me or sometimes bring me down into mountainous terrain etc.I think my early criticism of the default ATC was actually down to my piloting skills.(or lack of)For a forty nine quid simulator FS2004 has to be the software bargain of the decade even with its sometimes quirky nature.EXCELLENT! IT IS.Cheers AndyPS like you i use edit voicepak and one thing i couldn't do without is the accelerated ATC speak its an excellent feature AND Editvoicepak is a great FREE ADD-ONAs is iespell:-)

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077