Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluesman666

aircraft on runway

>Hi>Anybody know how to stop AI a/c taxiing onto the runway, just>as I am>about to land, thus causing a crash>Thanks>DaveHi!When you are about to land, just contact the tower of the airport and tell them that you want to land. that will solve all your troubles.If they told you to "Go around" just turn and try to land again until you can land.

Juan Ramos

Guest nihongo

>>Your right the FS ATC is not very life like . . .>>I don't understand why everyone says this. Granting that>there are limitations, for what it does, it is amazing. And>I'm speaking from experience. I developed and published>"FlyVFR" back in the FS98 days. It provided voice ATC using>the FS Flightshop voice set.>>I can tell you that it was quite an undertaking just to issue>instructions to the usere's aircraft and just for VFR>conditions. I find the default ATC to be very good.>>I did enhance it with AI Smooth, EditVoicePack (accellerated>voices), and a taxi speed increase but otherwise it is>standard. Sure I get tired of too many handoffs and would>like the ability to declare an emergency but given the>complexity of what it does and how many AI planes that some of>us throw at it, I still think it is great and feel that it>gets a bum rap from too many people.>>R->>PS -- YES, I admit that I am a "glass-half-full" kinda guy. >R->>PPS -- I'll even accept the description "a really excited user." Else why>am I still here? R-I agree: MSFS ATC is excellent and to have a computer doing an ATC job is amazing.Although it doesn't include speeds and individual instrument approach or departures, it is outstanding, as to have a voice for every app and dep in the world will be thousands and thousands of words.I use MSFS ATC and I am sure any real pilot (like myself-even Airline pilots) will agree that it is good for what it does.The thing that makes me angry is that these people saying the MSFS ATC is not 'good', have no particular criticism of it.What is the problem with it? Are you guys just a 5 minute fly around and blast the air, forgetting the rules? Of course ATC is no good (for you 'casual flyers'!), because you have no realism in mind!Even with my bought 777 PSS and PMDG 737 aircraft with bought scenery, I use ATC. Also, if you fly into non-controlled area, you must make calls. You can do this calling out your position to an uncontrolled aerodrome etc.If you have no interest in learning about flying you should avoid using these forums. Learn about the systems used by aircraft to fly, that is the types of airspace, the rules for IFR and VFR flying and reporting, and the many other facets which involve the relationship between aircraft and the airspace it must fly through.

Guest flightsimmernick

*******! I think to many people have taken what I said to personally and mis-understood what point I was making.Nothing negative to say about FS ATC hear, just making the point that FS ATC is nothing like real ATC for obvious reasons. Back in the day we did not have any ATC in flight sim and huge steps have been taken to enhace and add this excellent feature. It It is great what we are able to achieve through freeware utilities and many people have enhanced there simming experience or as some say the FS ATC works fine for them. It is a great platform which lets the simplest FS user add a touch of realism. I for one am not saying that we should expect FS ATC to mirrow what happens in real life!Just wanted to point out that the original query above could be resolved with one click of a button to let FS ATC know your landing intentions which would eliminate the problem.

Guest bluesman666

don't get angry, it's only a gameAs I said, I agree ATC is pretty good, considering the complexity of MSFS. I don't tend to use it, because of, eg the number of time I've been told, on approach to descend to FT250, 8 miles out, well below the glideslope. There would be riots in west London.I do take 'flying' seriously, and always set up weather as realistically as possible, with reasonable side winds and turbulance,and landing the RFP747 is not the easiest situation on FS9.Also I have been on the flight decks for about 35 landings on aircraft ranging from MD80s to 747-100s, and having worked in the traffic and ops depts of various airlines, feel I do know a fair amount about aircraft and flyingI thought my original question was reasonable, and really just needed a yes or no response, not a mini tiradeSo, I think this topic has exhausted itself, and lets end it nowCheers to allDave

Guest flightsimmernick

>I thought my original question was reasonable, and really just>needed a yes or no response, not a mini tirade>So, I think this topic has exhausted itself, and lets end it>now>Cheers to all>DaveDave, As said above, just inform the tower when your established for landing.

Or turn off crash detection before take off - land right on top of the suckers! I hate it when people cut me off -- whether it's on the highway OR on the taxiway. :-bang I _do_ fly with Radar Contact these days, though. :-lol