Sign in to follow this  
Guest rwrea

vista

Guest rwrea

Wich version of Vista is recomended for fs9?

Guest rwrea

My question was "which version of Vista". There is: home, ultimate, 32-bit, and 64-bit. I want to get the version that you guys recommend. ThanksDick ReaMCA 372

Get Ultimate 32-Bit, (2GB or 4GB is irrelevant) you need to consider what you want to use it for. 64-Bit only benefits you ONLY IF you are running 64-Bit programs or need to access LARGE amounts of RAM (as in virtualization environments or server envirnonments).Other than that, every single credible test has shown that 64-bit is often times SLOWER on 32-bit applications that 32-bit and there is absolutely no advantage to using 64-bit with 32-bit programs(even with the "it just feels faster" crowd...) since it runs them in 32-bit emulation mode. Not to mention the lack of drivers in some cases, incompatibilities with many programs, etc.There is simply no advantage to desktop users for Vista 64-Bit at all.Regards,Mike T.

Guest Eek

>My question was "which version of Vista". There is: home,>ultimate, 32-bit, and 64-bit. I want to get the version that>you guys recommend. ThanksI agree with Jim... none of them. Windows XP is your friend.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Guest flightsimmernick

I run FS9 without any major problems with Vista Ultimate, but cant see any major differnce between any other version of Vista.

I'm running FS9 on Vista Home Premium with no problems once I figured it all out. (That'll prolly jinx me...) XP and Vista framerates are neck and neck as far as I'm concerned (I am dual-boot). I will be scavenging the XP hard disk space one of these days. I haven't used XP for anything except framerate comparisons since January. FSX does run a little better on Vista than XP on my system.dolph