Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihongo

HELP Please!!!! Potomac gone missing! Cloud9 KDCA

Guest nihongo

Yes its true, the Potomac river in Washington DC has been given the 'heave ho'. But I don't know what is going on!Cloud9 KDCA was installed (Demo version) and then I uninstalled it. I think this is where the problem began. I deleted files and reinstalled Cloud9 to uninstall it as good as I could, but same result. When it is installed, the Potomac shows up perfectly.I have the default backed up, which (or are they BGL?) BGL files should I replace?

You need to restore this file:HP927180 at FS9SceneryNameSceneryIf you don't have a backup, it can be found in the FS9 CD3, inside the MSGAME8.CAB archive (Winrar or a similar utility can open it)

Guest nihongo

>You need to restore this file:>>HP927180 at FS9SceneryNameScenery>>If you don't have a backup, it can be found in the FS9 CD3,>inside the MSGAME8.CAB archive (Winrar or a similar utility>can open it)>Thank you very much for your help!Does Cloud9 scenery delete the file?

>Does Cloud9 scenery delete the file?No, it doesn't. But it comes with a version with the same name, that is made to work together with Cloud9 KDCA.If you uninstall it, the uninstaller will remove it. So yes, the problem is in the Cloud9 installer, it should made backup of the original file before installing, and it should restore it when uninstalling.The funny thing is that, your are the first one that spotted this problem, and that scenery was out for almost 2 years. I guess the reason is that either most of the people that install the Demo decide to keep it, or many people have installed other terrain add-ons like Ultimate Terrain, so they don't see the problem either, because they don't need default river/lakes BGL files (those starting with HP*)

Guest nihongo

You're a pro. Thanks!Thanks for the compliment too.