Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

How can FS9.cfg be locked?

I am using AlacrityPC and I start the program autower.exe before I start FS9. The problem is that when autower starts it changes my screen resolution. Then when FS9 starts it uses the autotower screen resolution. I read somewhere that FS9.cfg can be locked so that no changes are allowed. Does anyone remember how to do this?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Make a right click over the fs9.cfg, select "Properties" from the menu, then mark the file as "Read-only" and clic Apply.That should do it.

Juan Ramos

Guest RonB49

Hi Airbus,You can try what xender suggests but I don't believe that FS9 will allow it. Older versions did but not FS9 IIRC.What is autotower? Will it let you change its resolution in its settings or configuration or properties? If so then set it to match FS9.I have used bat files to start flight sim for a number of years. When faced with a similar config file dilemma, I inserted a line in my bat file to copy a pristine configuration first, then start FS9. Worked like a charm.R-

Drop the author of Autower an e-mail.He likely will be able to work with you on resolving the problem.I am not positive but I believe the executable version is supposed to be started AFTER FS is up and running - not before.Or just use the dll version.And/or use the same resolution for "everyday" display as you do for FS. Hope this is helpful.