Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747-400 luva

Meljet 777

Guest 747-400 luva

HeyDoes anyone know a fix for the Meljet 777 center of Gravity being too far forward? This really stresses me as the aircraft will not cruise level. Also does anyone know what has happened to the Meljet website. Please let me know.Thx

Guest nihongo

What do you mean it will not cruise level? That is why you have trim for. Trim your vertical stabilizer. I checked Meljet the other day, it wasn't there.

Melvin Rafi's site appears to be no more - it hadn't changed for a long time. And with all reference to Posky's rumoured 777 disappearing from their forums, it looks like there's a dearth of 777s coming up. Moach (he of 737 Experience fame) is doing a 777 Experience (DVC and all), so that'll be worth waiting for.Cruise attitude is not normally affected by too-forward (or too-backward) CG especially if you are cruising with autopilot on, as it will be auto-trimming. If the nose is still high then you may be too high, too heavy, too soon. If this isn't the case, you can adjust the cruise attitude and the CG location by a little judicious tweaking of different parts of the aircraft.cfg file. This approach is decried by FS purists, and while it's true that they won't fix any faulty flight dynamics (that takes a FD rebuild), they do work. At least the first will make for a more realistic cruise attitude (slightly nose up - not level) and the second will make take off and landing more realistic without the nose tending to drop (or lift) - and will stop the 'shuttlecock effect'. Don't do this if you don't know how to modify the aircraft.cfg - and in any case, make a backup first, in case you make an error. Adjust the following values.Cruise attitude:[flight_tuning] sectioncruise_lift_scalar=1.0Increase the value to increase wing lift, which causes the nose to drop, and vice versa. Start by increasing by 0.2 but add salt to taste.CG[airplane_geometry] sectionwing_pos_apex_lon=00.00Increase the positive number to move the CG backwards. Adjust until you are just behind the cockpit on the schematic.You can experiment by adjusting the CG first, to see if the nose comes down - it doesn't. the autotrim will just work harder to keep the nose up.Let us know how you get on.;)

Guest 747-400 luva

HeyThanks for the advice. Could please tell me what you have for your CG and cruise attitude because I cannot seem to be able to get the right combination. Also where do you find the cruise attitude because I can find the CG thing in the aircraft but not the cruise attitude. It will be much appreciated.Thanks

There's no cruise attitude indicator as such: if you're flying at around FL360 with around 60% fuel then your nose-up should be around 3-4 degrees which will be visible in the outside view. Making slight adjustments will raise or lower the nose until you're happy. What I do is to create a flight, get to a 'steady state' at around the altitude/speed/fuel level I want, and then save it. Make the adjustment, reload, let it settle and then see what the difference is. There's no 'right' setting for it - it depends on what the FD designer put in there to start with. If the value is at 1.0 and you have too much nose-up, increase to say 1.3, reload and see what difference it makes.With the CG: you may not notice much differenc in flight, except in what the autopilot does with the autotrim settings - and even then you may not see much. Where the benefits come is with easier and faster trimming on climbout and approach because the plane is balanced better.;)

Guest 747-400 luva

HeyThanks a lot for your help, but just one more thing. What panel do you use for your meljet 777. I downloaded the Ken Mitchell one, but I can't seem to get the panel on the aircraft when i load my flight.Thanks