Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thrust_Drag

Wanna Spice Up Flight Sim? FSEconomy

Guest Thrust_Drag

Fellow Aviators, For those that don't know about FSEconomy and want to get into a whole different level of flight simming check out this site.http://www.fseconomy.com/ You have to start out flying your butt off for awhile and then you can purchase and manage your own airports even purchase your own planes and rent them out etc. Great community by the way. Give it a looksie Happy Landings, Thrust_Drag

I used it a few years ago and was impressed, however I did not stick with it for some reason, maybe I should give it another go.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest RonB49

>...maybe I should give it another go.Sure, come on back. I just joined about two months ago and I'm having a ball. I just purchased my first plane (Cessna 182) but will continue to rent larger planes as needed. It is great fun and a real challenge. I'm flying to lots of airports that I would ordinarily never see. Ya gotta go hwere the (virtual) money is.R-

This is interesting and might be cool indeed. But I fly only business jets and helicopters. Of course I can fly a prop but I like a little more excitement. Is there a place for me? Do I need to start out in a prop plane?What else do I have to know to do this? I don't fly by plates so realism is probably questionable to some folks. I use the default ATC when I go IFR but I own RC4 and don't use it cuz I don't like it much. I have flown on VATSIM as well but it seems scary and empty. I can't read their forums so before I join up I need some more information. They communicate over something called Teamspeak? I see another site called Flyteline. Which is best? Which is more popular? Why? That kind of info.dolph

Guest Thrust_Drag

Dolph, It is great you are not required to fly online. Basically the only online thing you do is download their software which is freeware and it links through fs9 and tracks that you have basically flown your cargo/passenger route from point a to point b and accomplished your route and get paid etc etc... You can rent helicopters and business jets and they have alot of links to some great freeware planes if you need them to interact with their planes that are up for rental. I can not say how thrilled I am to be involved with FSEconomy it provides soooooooooo much life to the flights and simming. Put it this way I bought FSPassengers along time ago and love it but If I would have found FSEconomy and spent as much time on it as I did FSPassengers. I would own probably 5 airports or so and have my own business routes etc to fly. If you love aviation and simming FSEconomy is a must!!!!! Thrust=Drag but is thrust really a drag? ;)

Great! I signed up and got my password. But I am way too tired to read up on it all tonight. There is a lot of stuff in the forums I need to digest and I need to d/l the interface and install it. This weekend I will be getting to it. Actually, I just flew to St. Maartin in the G IV equipped with a new Avidyne panel. Nice place to visit. Simming is not boring anymore. This should make it too busy once I get going.Thanks TD.

Guest Thrust_Drag

Dolph, How's FSEconomy treating you? Be patient you have to do alot of flying but once you have logged 10 flight you can also get a 40,000 dollar loan for a plane or working your way to your own FBO. Happy Landings

Nothin' yet. I logged in last night and browsed the forums and figured there was too much to read so went to bed.Will try again in a few minutes to get the software and take a look see.

OK so I went to get started, read some, watched a movie and it seems the username/password I use for the forums is not the same as the one to get into the main page? So I found a forum where a boatload of people have posted messages saying "I would like to join" and so I posted one too. I find that strange and funny. What's that all about? So I just wait around for what? Somebody to read my post and send me another password?

Guest Thrust_Drag

Grin Yes they will get you a password for the FSEconomy here soon. Took a couple of days for me but they were busy probably about 24hrs for you and you will have it.

Guest Binkles

The reason for that kind of sign up is more to stop hackers, or at least slow them down, plus easier to ensure you're not getting so many banned people coming back to cause more havoc.Flyteline is running on the same engine as FSE but has been expanded to include jets (not really sure how that works) but they are also working on a second gen version that is suppose to be going live soon, but you will need a payware piece of software to use it.Again I haven't really tried Flyteline, so cannot say what it's like, but I love FSE - and spend wayyyyyy too much time on it.

Haha! This IS habit forming. My love for money...I took two packages to their destinations in a Bell 430 and earned almost v$2000 in two hours. Not enuf to buy a Lear 45 but hey, I can see in a month or so I may be able to.I found that my blood pressure rises during the landings like it used to when I first started flying choppers now that I'm flying for money cuz I really don't want to crash. I don't have many of the planes offered for rent. Some are payware and I'm not going to spend the non-virtual bucks.

Just so i understand, I registered for a forum passwprd, Im guessing that will come in a few days, then Ill have to wait a few more days to get another password for the program?Edit: This is by no means a complaint, just an honest question, as im sure someone to create such a program can be very busy at times :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Yes. Another password will make its way into your mailbox soon. For those who know: If I take a rental to a place where there are no planes for rent, will the plane I just un-rented be available there? I am winding my way back up the coast from the keys now and there is such an assignment, which pays very well I might add. I'm striving for realism, i.e. start from last stop, real time, real weather, etc.dolph

Also, after the garbage being slung around by some folks the last couple of weeks, they are requiring a "real" email address, like from your ISP, and not a throw-away like yahoo or hotmail. just to try to keep the undesirables from getting a new yahoo id and causing more trouble.