Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thrust_Drag

Wanna Spice Up Flight Sim? FSEconomy

I see that throughout the forums, ppl mentioning the past troubles. Too bad, who would want to mess with a thing like this? The few goof up things for the many...I have been getting some strange emails in the last two days. They're harmless but a nuisance. Emails from like f@myISP.com (like my real ISP) and b@myISP.com and the contents are "Hi" and that's it. It has been two days since I signed on with FSE. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

I guess i wont be getting a password anytime soon(Ive been waiting for 3 days), all I have is a hotmail account.Ah well, on to other things :(

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'Sounds like you're sayin'... I've been signed up with FSE since 2004 and I've never gotten an email like you're describing.

Yes I'm sure it wasn't related. Sorry to hurt any feelers by insinuating that it was related to FSE. I didn't get any junk mail at all today which I find just as strange.I am enjoying the program immensely even though I felt a little ripped off by last nights flight. I rented a CJ1 for a 1 hour flight. I took off without clearance because I was being distracted so I ended the session and restarted it. Online still showed "Enroute" and all seemed good. But I was charged for that mistake and that was a v$854 mistake I'll never make again.

Guest RonB49

I'm a noobie too Dolph and I've had a few problems. Fortunatly none cost me that much. That hurts even if it is not real money. After any glitch in FS, I've learned to look at the "My Flight" page. It will often warn you that if you've had a problem, then you need to cancel the FSE flight before restarting your Flight Sim flight.R-

Guest Thrust_Drag

Dolph, Glad you are enjoying FSEconomy... Anyone that enjoys flight sim I can't see why they would not enjoy FSEconomy. Since I have joined I have flown to airfields that have never crossed my mind on the sim which I enjoy alot. On the mistakes lol trust me I have made some costly one's. Oh and Dolph anything money wise that is in brackets like this ($6789) is a negative balance. Oh and to help you out be sure to do proper planning and recon some of your routes you can select more than 1 route from an airfield. Example let's say KPNC has a route going to KHDC well on the route list if there is another airfield close to KHDC which would be KPIB and passengers or cargo are also leaving KPNC inbound to KPIB be sure to pick up both routes KPNC-KHDC & KPNC-KPIB get more bang for you buck. Happy Landings

You mean I'm ($11,000) in debt? Just kidding.I have a question. I have a plane I like that is low on fuel but no assignments or fuel are at the airport where I left it. Do I rent it and go to a nearby airport that has both, and if I manage to fly in on fumes to that nearby airport, do I shut down there, buy fuel, get the assignment and go on? Is this how it works?

Guest RonB49

Yes. R-RDIT to add -- Have you been to the FSE Forums? They are very active and very helpful. You can get there from the FSX Client "Home" tab. I ssssume the FS9 Client has a similar link. R-

Guest Thrust_Drag

Dolph, L8 response sry. Yes you can do that when a plane is low on fuel... You can also search for that particular plane at different airfields and fly etc.. You can rent a plane and fly it out of any airfield without a pickup if you want but watch the cost's Happy Landings

Guest Tiberius1250

Hi guys. This sounds great, just registered for the forum.FS is great but it gets a bit boring just flying around endlessly, this should be fun :)Bruce.EDIT: Just got my first password for the account request thread, for some reason it got filtered into my spam folder. Anyhow, just waiting to be accepted..

I hear you Bruce, same here. I've logged over 12000 miles in the last couple of months basically going nowhere for no reason. I like doing it much better on FSE. I wish I had found this earlier.

Guest Tiberius1250

Well, all went well with no problems for me. Got my activation email after about an hour, downloaded the program and set it all up in FS9. The little program seems well coded, you don't even know it's running.All I can say is it's great, the whole idea seems really well thought out. Started with a stock Mooney at my local airfield, flew with a few pickups along the way and ended up in S Ireland late last night with $4,100 in my virtual wallet. If the plane's still there tonight I'm flying back to the mainland, there's a couple of good assignments from the airport I'm aiming for.Shows how out of practice I am at sim flying though, haven't flown regularly for a while and barely in FS9. Hit some heavy cloud over the channel, vis down to 6 miles. By the time runway was in sight I was too far for even a steep final, almost wrecked the undercarriage trying. Did a go around and everything was ok 2nd time. Didn't even remember you could file IFR while inflight in FS9, still thinking of the old FS2k days.Only problem is there's a lot of payware aircraft in there, nothing wrong with that but I don't want to have to buy a payware plane every other stop. Also, a lot of aircraft only for FSX although I guess that's just the way things are on the dev scene now. I doubt if FSX will run on my current rig, gonna be a year before I build a new one that will so I'm stuck with good ol' FS9 for now.Anyhow, big thumbs up from me :)Regards, Bruce.

Guest JamesMc

Bruce most of the planes at FSE are freeware. There have been a few added over the years that are only payware but not many. You should have no problems finding stuff to fly for free. Any issues or questions the forums at FSE are very active or you can pm one of us more experienced members for help :)

Bruce,I have found most everything freeware that I fly. There is one that I almost bought but just before I pushed the purchase button I realized it was NOT FOR VISTA! Watch out for that. So I tweaked the freeware plane to suit my fancy instead.Anyways, I have found some really awesome freeware planes by renting them from FSE, some I would never have looked at otherwise. Just look in the library here and other places. There is a link on FSE for downloads and it tells you if it's free or payware. Look at "home/fse forums/aircraft download links/fs9 aircraft download links" its the second posting. You should find 98% of the planes there.Enjoy,dolph