Sign in to follow this  
michal

ILS

Hi,Does anyone know the `how to` to produce an ILS at a non ILS airport?I specifically refer to the excellent scenery that came out todayfor Funchal airport in Maderia. Unfortunately the author does notknow how to produce an ILS as well as me!! The scenery is excellentbut this type of airport badly needs an ILS. Does anybody have an ILS installed at Funchal or is it a fairlysimple task to produce one.I would be grateful for any assistance you can offer ThanksJohn

Is the airport LPMA Maderia, Portugal. If so the default fs2002 doesn't have an ILS.The designer should have been able to add an ILS at his redesigned airport, if he was using Airport for Windows or FSSC or any of the other Scenery Design Programs.You might try using EasyNavs by Herve Sors - http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.html

>but this type of airport badly needs an ILS. why ?this is a mid-szie commercial airport accepting many charter flights from the rest of the Europe and if airport authorities figured that ILS was necessary it would have been there long time ago. They either don't need it (weather patterns, or other existing approaches) or the terrain precludes it.Michael J.