Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Airsource - any good?

Hi all,I just came across http://www.air-source.us and wondered if anyone would like to share their experiences with this group?I currently operate with FTG and find them to be excellent, but I wondered if Airsource might offer more airline options while offering a similar experience to FTG. Anyone care to comment?CheersMark

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Must agree with JimI joined about a year ago and think its great.What i particularly like is that unlike a lot of VAs you are not restricted to the one VA fleet and livery.You can fly all the major airlines(and minor too)in all the various liveries and just about every type of aircraft as well.There are some good flight logging programs as well both on-line and offline versions that make fileing your flights a trouble free process too.I recommend it .Hope to see you therecheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I belong to 2 virtual airlines at this point, and air-source is THE BEST. Their flight search software is incredible, and the flexibility to fly any airline, aircraft and destinations are tremendous. I really like their tracking software too - you can fly on their website with Active Air Source or store all you flight info locally with MyActiveAirSource! I've just gotten invovled with their Air Source Humanitarian Aid division - ASHA - and have been flying my butt off all over the world and loving every minute. That is of course until I ruined my computer on Wednesday. :-)Join -- you'll love it. Still awaiting my replacement motherboard --

As much as I loved Air Source when I joined it nearly three years ago, and for the last couple of years since, I am now spending less and less time with it because the flights I now want to fly do not fit within the VA's charter. Certainly, it has one of the greatest variety of flights, airlines and aircraft types out there to satisfy the majority of FS simmers, but for me the ability to personalise your flying with non-GA aircraft is too limiting IMO. Other than that, it is the best VA I have flown with, and the people there are second to none.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>>I am now spending less and less time with it because the flights I >>now want to fly do not fit within the VA's charter. Gary, would you mind expanding on this? Do you mean "design your own heavy flight" kind of thing? Do you fly a VA now that allows that? Very curious.Thanks.