Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveusmc1775

Addon Installation Order for FS9?

Guest daveusmc1775

Hi, just want a second opinion on the proper,or say, preferred method of installing some popular addons, and I know there are several. I have these addons after FS9 of course :FS Terrain, Flight Environment 3, Ultimate Traffic, Ultimate Terrain and World Airports 2. I also have AS 6.5 and GE Pro to compliment the already mentioned FE 3 that resides on my PC now! Don't think that's any problem.All I can say is...I did my homework before spending that cash. I had them for about 2 yrs. now, maybe less. Love that AS6.5 ! Had some issues with World Airports 2, maybe FS Terrain as well, not really sure. I dumped a couple of them to rid some potential problems I'm having. Can't see reinstalling FS9, just too much damned work into it. I'm talking 2 years minimum from the last reinstall - all backed up on a 250 gb Western Digital external drive. So, this is out of the question, although it was suggested I may have to. Very depressing to hear! Also, can AFCADS be relpaced in case I screwed something up with say - my favorite airport, and I want to fix some before I reinstall my addons once again?Any support would be great.Thank's,Dave

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Dave,I recently did a clean install. I add from biggest to smallest in regards to local impact, if that makes sense. For example, I did it in this order:FS9FS9.1 PatchFSUIPCAS6.5FS Genesis MeshGEPro Then more local things like UTUSA, UTEurope, etc. Then I get into individual airport sceneries. After that I get to AC add-ons and then, finally, "outside add-ons". Things like Radar Contact, FSC, FSNav, and so on.This makes it easier for me to identify conflicts and fix them before adding more.I'm sure there are other ways but, this has worked for me so far. One thing I did was to keep a detailed log of the add-ons I install in order of installation. I never thought it would be of benefit to anyone but me. Funny how things happen.You should be able to use your AFCADS. I used a couple of my favorites.Hope this helps Regards,Jeff

Guest daveusmc1775

Hey Jeff,In your opinion, does it make any difference in the order of adding, say airport sceneries, or just any plain old scenery you may want to download and install, after installing all of the mentioned software?Maybe the best thing for me, is not to install all when I purchsed them, but to give each program some time so I can check them out for problems. I think I screwed up eithe an AFCAD for a particular airport, or addon scenery fix for the apt.. causing a conflict with another program, which one I don't know. One problem seems to create or mask another problem!Something ''overlayed'' another program, I can say that much, so I uninstalled all but fs9 and weather.Now I have some SAW TOOTH shapes around the edges of my terrain/water-KSEA in particular. Re-adjusted my settings and got same. KSEA is really a problem as well and I'm trying to avoid a reinstall of fs9 and the rest.Once I uninstalled World Airports 2, lots of other issues went away, extended taxi lines into grass, ac parked into or through buildings and all kinds of crazy things, so this tells me something here. I installed something in the wrong manner? Could this be a mesh or scenery issue? I've pic's. with before and after if anyone would would care to look at them. Someone with a good eye with these programs. Last, I may need support from Just Flight and Flight 1. They could possibly tell just buy my pic's.My problems are in a few areas, not the whole sim. I know nothing about doing AFCAD's though. I need to find a fix for the KSEA at any rate. Any ideas w/ the boats on land and missplaced buildings in the water and such? I was told there was but I don't have a clue at the moment what to look for.I got basically the same advice from you as the other person, so I'm kind of catching on to this whole scene. You see,this is something you learn, not something you find in the instructions. I read over all of my installation intructions for my software, and found nothing pertaining to order.Thank's for your advice,Dave

Reinstalling ain't that bad. I once had a 2 year old install - afraid to touch it. Now I reinstall every 3 months max. Takes half a day. You realise how much stuff you actually DON'T need. Less is the new more! :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest daveusmc1775

That makes sense, it's just getting it into ones head, that's the hard part. Gotta break this habit! I think it would be best after all.At least it aint my OS!Thank's,Dave