Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Weird AI Again

Hi all,I was flying around the Florida Keys the last couple evenings. I noticed the AI was sparse but just figured that there wasn't much going on down there, a few cessnas here and there was all. But last night I took off from Providenciales toward St. Maartin and there was a wave of planes coming at me, all around FL300 and all on the same heading. There must have been 20 jets, and ATC would not stop talking at them to listen to me. It looked like a swarm of B-52's on a bombing mission! The AI radar was packed and there was that wave, I have never seen such strangeness. Have you?

Sounds like duplicate airlines to me, or duplicated flight plans.

Juan Ramos

When you cross grid boundaries - all the AI which is supposed to be in the grid will be loaded at once. That creates flocks of aircraft.Something we've had to deal with since July 2003 in FS2004.The only solution is to wait a few minutes for the ATC to space out the aircraft. Viewing individual AI aircraft will help force the spacing to occur.

Guest ALT370

Hello,I think here I have observed the same issue. (attachment)It was at London Heathrow, directly after loading the scenery.This is annoying of course, but to get a quick solution, I start AISmooth.I will have to read a little more about this problem in FS.By the way, when talking about weird AI traffic:I have noticed an ai aircraft on the way from the Middle East to Asia, somewhere over Mid-US. :-lol Cheers,Axel

Come to think of it, I didn't have AISmooth running at the time. I have some custom business jet traffic and occasionally see a Falcon 50 doing stunts, almost like sky writing and ATC keeps hollering at him to to get to his assigned altitude. He finally does. Another jet, a VLJ, comes in for final then crashes into the ground. I think the AI engine leaves a lot to be desired.

Guest ALT370

Hi,this phenomenon I have had with non ai aircraft using for ai traffic.They crashed or had similar behaviour.Cheers,Axel.

Yes, the Falcon50 and 20 others were converted by GA-Traffic. That and the VLJ seem to be the only funky ones.There may be others but I don't follow planes to their destination. Maybe I should.