Sign in to follow this  

CH Products is making a throttle quadrant, and force fe

Well they were at one point, and then quit. However, it was not a unanmimous decision to stop. I know this was posted before, probably here, but I think it could use another airing.Some folks at CH would like to continue the project. If you are interested in getting one send an email to michael@chproducts.com. This is not a spam campaigne. I have permission to request that you send emails to the correct parties at CH. michael@chproducts.com is one of those people. They were also making a force feedback Yoke at one point, however I did not receive any indications whether that project was shelved, or still in operation. If you are interested in one of those as well please include that in your email.Tell your friends.

The title of your post was truncated. What force feedback device are you referring to?

Guest DanWalloch

I don't know why'd you want a force feedback yoke......you hardly feel anything on a real airplane yoke.....it's all in the seat of your pants.

Not true at all. A real yoke is heavy when fast, like and mushy when slow. It requires a great deal of force to move when out of trim and just fingertips when properly trimmed. One of the biggest reality gaps is how spring-centered controls in FS simulate trim forces. When was the last time you flew slow flight with your yoke centered?

>One of the biggest reality gaps is how spring-centered >controls in FS simulate trim forces. Perhaps true but the current force feedback technology as existing in some devices is simply not adequate for the FF one feels on the yoke. DanWalloch probably meant to say that real yoke forces are completely different than those currently simulated by FF sticks. And I agree 100%.Frankly I doubt CH Products is even seriously considering a FF yoke. They are not even sure thay will build the quadrant - they are so unsure about the market potential. And like I said FF yoke would have to deliver a completely different level of FF experience to be even worth considering - and this is not only the matter of hardware but software too.Michael J.

I thought so too, until I read "They were also making a force feedback Yoke at one point", as if the yoke was an addition to the discussion. Anyhooo ....

Well the software is pretty easy to get fixed. There are alot of people that would write second party drivers to get it right I'm sure. Without the hardware though the SW is just a dream.So at the very least let them know you would be interested in either or both products.:)