Sign in to follow this  
LP_Man

AI Parking Question

I'm designing an air force base and after tagging an ai parking spot for a C-5A cargo plane, a C-17 ai of mine was parked in those spots. Even though the tag for the aircraft type said 'C5A M003'.I'm curious on how to make the parking be specific to the plane i want there. Same goes for the fighter plane spots. I'll have one tagged for F-18's and F-16's will be there mixed in with the F-18s'.

>I'm curious on how to make the parking be specific to the>plane i want there.The only way to make the parking specific for one aircraft is to make the parking spot too small to hold any other aircraft.The reason the C-17 is parking in the C-5 spot is there are not enough empty parking spots for C-17 aircraft on your airport.Your parking must match your flight plans - if you have five C-17 aircraft and four parking spots - one will alway move up into another larger spot.The problem aircraft at your base may well be a small fighter - just starting the cascade of pushing aircraft into larger spots.I recommend people test parking at problem airports one aircraft type at a time.Also be sure to test at several - six or more - different times of day and test each day of the week.That will quickly allow you to see which aircraft is causing the problem.But also, any airport in FS needs about 10-15% of the parking spots to be without any parking codes and sufficiently large to take any aircraft which may visit the airport.This will catch the overflow aircraft and keep them out of designated parking spots for other types/ squadrons.For a military base this is pretty easy to accomplish because most have a transit aircraft area near base ops.If you need to get into details about the airport - I'd suggest the forums at Military AI Works - that's were most of the really good military AI AFCAD folks hang out.

Thanks Reggie.By the way, i used to live in Keller, Texas. Moved to Minnesota a year and a half ago.

Guest robystar

Hi,Sorry to barge in but since you are on the subject of AI parking spots, maybe you can help me out here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187595.jpgCame from Dubai with the Martinair Airbus 220 and landed on Kuwait Int'l. Ground control directed me to Gate 5. Behind me this crazy Jazeera Airbus keeps on following me and parks at the same parking spot. There is a lot of vacant parking spots available, Gate 5 is not specified to be for Jazeera, so how come he wants to and does park on top of me?Roby

Two possibilities - first did you confirm the parking spot at Gate 5 with ATC?Kuwait had two runways and it's possible for two aircraft to be assigned to the same parking spot. When the spots are confirmed at the hold-short node is when the second aircraft will be assigned to another parking spot.Second - you could have two addon AFCAD files and the ATC thinks there are two GATE 5 parking spots in the same location.Note - the default AFCAD must always be present - but only one additional AFCAD to modify the original should be used.

Guest robystar

Hi Reggie,Thanks form your reply.If there are only two possibilities and as there is only the stock airport present with only one gate 5 (and one parking 5), I must have forgotten to confirm my taxiing to gate 5 although I think I have and used progressive taxi instructions afterwards.. I will try to repeat the experience and see what happens.Roby

Are you sure the Jazeera is trying to park in the same space as you or an adjacent one?Many Afcads I download seem to have gates overlapping so as to squeeze as many in as possible.I understand that the radius of the gate may be larger than required for the types of aircraft that usually occupy it, but maybe these are just too tightly packed.I'd have a look at the layout using Afdad if I were you.Then again maybe it's the same squabble you get at the supermarket car car park on a Saturday morning - I saw it first - oh no you didn't........

ngxu_banner.png

Guest robystar

Hi,No I am positive the Jazeera plane wanted to park where I was.I checked the default airport plan in AFCAD and there seem to be no errors (no holds missing, enough parking spots to the left and the right of the same size). If you want to, as it is the default OKBK airport, you can check it yourself and maybe find something I overlooked. Then again, as has been pointed out, I may have forgotten to confirm ground control that I was taxiing to gate 5 when I used progressive taxi instructions. Not sure and of course if you do the flight again typically the same thing does not happen anymore.Thanks though and you should not go to a supermarket on saturday unless you are a bachelor of course.Roby