Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hanse_1

Toronto CYYZ won't work

Guest Hanse_1

Hello!I get a very mysterious problem about Toronto CYYZ, whichjust won't load.I installed an addon CYYZ; it won't load, and the default CYYZwon't load either.I checked modules, duplicate files, etc. but couldn't spot anyobvious fault.I used Ultimate Terrain recently, but have uninstalled it.Does anyone know what could be wrong?Grateful for help.Thanks!Hans HermanssonSweden

Clarify please - when you say it just won't load, what do you mean?Does your system freeze or does it try to load but aborts or ??With a few more details perhaps someone can offer advice.

Guest Hanse_1

Hello again!Well, the sim/scenery starts to load and the meter goes to about 60%,then it just quits and goes back to the XP desktop. That is when Iwant to go to CYYZ, within the sim.Hansinsweden

Not much help but All I can say is uninstall and reinstall.Is the scenery from flight ontario, or is it just for pearson itself?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

It would be helpful to know what CYUL enhancement you used (filename and site). Perhaps one of us can duplicate your problem if we know what you are having trouble with.Did you double check your system first to be absolutely sure you do not have an Afcad for CYUL already installed somewhere? Duplicate afcads can cause all kinds of strange problems including CTD's.I would uninstall whatever you have and then install it to a temp folder so you can review everything and re-read any instructions too.Then move the components into their correct folders assuming everything looks OK first.Keep us posted.

Guest Hanse_1

Hi again!That's what I did; i.e. uninstall and reinstall the works.I thought I would get it right then, but no.The problem remains..........And it's CYYZ and not CYUL.I checked potential duplicate files/AFCAD2's.Thanks anyway.Hansinsweden

Still would like to know what the filename is and where you downloaded it.

You must have something in that area that is casuing the sim to crash you dont have any thing else installed around that area? maybe flight_ontario_part1.zip ??

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest Hanse_1

Hi again!I fixed it at last.It was Flight Ontario that intervened; which I,of course removed............Thanks a lot!Hansinsweden