Sign in to follow this  
Guest canadian_airlines747

Making AI Plans Question, What am I Doing Wrong?

Guest canadian_airlines747

Alright im trying to install some custom flight plans and it is not working. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?I have one textpad doc called airports_testCYQQ,N49* 42.65',W124* 53.19',82CYXX,N49* 1.51',W122* 21.79',187I have textpad called aircraft_testAC#10002,284,"CDAI Beech B1900D GGN"I have textpad doc called flightplans_testAC#10002,C-FDGQ,30%,24,IFR,01:12:23,@00:00:00,210,F,0008,CYQQ,04:23:11,@00:00:00,190,F,0009,CYXX,07:12:23,@00:00:00,170,F,0010,CYQQ,11:23:11,@00:00:00,190,F,0011,CYXXI compile them all in ttools and it saysCompiling Traffic_test.bgl ...Airport count: 2Aircraft count: 1Flight plans: 1 Legs: 4Compile of Traffic_test.bgl completedBut when i try to use it in the game the plan and plans are no where to be seen. I do have the right airplane name and it is in the aircraft folder. Also I used ac#10002, thinking that would work cause I dont think i have that many aircraft. Why isn't it working? I have world of AI files that work great as well.

I see 2 things wrong off the bat. One, you need to specify the airports elevation after the lat/long. The second is you have an "@" before the arrival time. This means you want the a/c to arrive at 00:00:00 zulu. If you leave the "@" out, the compiler will calculate the arrival time in the airports airspace. With the "@" in, you are indicating at what time you want the aircraft to arrive. Hope this helps!Rick

1. You must make sure the list of aircraft in aircraft.txt actually exist. It is the top line behind "title=" what counts. 2. The traffic will compile even if you don't have even one of those planes actually in your folder.3. Most importantly, all of your arrival times are fixed with @ at 00:00(midnight GMT). Is that odd? You have a 1900 flying from CYQQ to CYXX, a 106 mile trip, fixed for ~23 hours to do it. That doesn't sound quite right. That flight should be around 35 or 40 minutes. Better to leave out the @ and let TTools figure out the arrival time based on the airspeed. TTools doesn't calculate the arrival time if the @ is present.I hope this helps.dolph