Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747-400 luva

PSS 777

Guest 747-400 luva

HeyIs the PSS 777 a good buy? Are there any issues with it because I just can't find any good 777's out there.Thanks

see the old 'PSS boeing' support forum. you can read information there -http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=224you can also see issues in the general forum -http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=134--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Currently, you can only get the original PSS 777 from Just Flight.Ron

Ron Service

Guest nihongo

>Hey>>Is the PSS 777 a good buy? Are there any issues with it>because I just can't find any good 777's out there.>>ThanksI bought it.It has Weather Radar (which is what I wanted!), TCAS and all the detail including an FMC which I can program. The flight route data can even be used by the PSS 757 in its FMC.I love it, it flies like a real 777 and I know nothing else close to it available in MSFS.After flying PSS you will never want to use the default or other freeware (except Ifly 747) again!I do use free stuff so please don't count me a hypocrite, sorry!A lot of great freeware is out there, so when you use PSS you will know how good both are! It takes a lot of time for the freeware developers to make their stuff, so I don't forget you guys. Blueskyscenery is one freeware developer which should receive commendations, but I am sure many people on this forum will add to this, maybe in this thread?

I also loved flying PSS 777-200/300 (merged with MelJet) until my previous system reinstall. Then the story of PSS was over for me, as I missed the fact PSS stopped existing and they didn't care of their customers at all.To run a legally bought installer you need to download files from the net. They are not and looks like will never be available again.There is a special thread in the PSS Forum here at AVSIM.Was it a good buy? Except for the above fact - yes. No other 777 reasonable competition around. I will miss it.Best regards,Rafal

Guest nihongo

>I also loved flying PSS 777-200/300 (merged with MelJet)>until my previous system reinstall. Then the story of PSS was>over for me, as I missed the fact PSS stopped existing and>they didn't care of their customers at all.>>To run a legally bought installer you need to download files>from the net. They are not and looks like will never be>available again.>There is a special thread in the PSS Forum here at AVSIM.>>Was it a good buy? Except for the above fact - yes. No other>777 reasonable competition around. I will miss it.>>Best regards,>Rafal>I totally sympathize with you Rafal.I have read the 'how to' thread on how to back up your files.I bought the 757 from Just Flight yesterday. I hope there is a backup thread on that too.Have you tried contacting Just Flight? Send them a hard copy of your receipt which you own the PSS 777.It is a shame that so many people out there feel they have a right to copy stuff, so we end up with this kind of scenario.It would be so nice if people bought it. But I suppose a real flight simmer won't be hanging around these boards if they weren't that sincere.

I was happy with the 777 before I started to encounter what does NOT work (like the 2nd ADF for instance which cannot be tuned with the panel by clicking somewhere).Andreas

Guest nihongo

Which other 777 lets you tune the 2nd ADF? Well if you want the real thing, it will cost a little more. Around $180 million USD, not so much more than the price of a PSS imitation 777. (Just a little fun sarcasm)

JustFlight has no responsibility for problems with PSS and has said so.DJ

Guest 767nut

Ive had it just over a year now but i hardly fly it, i don't think it flies like the real 777, for instance when i descend in FL CH for some reason the autopilot keeps changing the trim so the nose keeps going up down up down, makes severe turbelence look puny, the only way to keep a smooth descent is to use VERTICAL SPD, even VNAV doesnt work for descend, the FL CH and VNAV work fine in a climb but not descent, so i would recommend saving the money to buy another add-on, (if you havent bought it yet which you probably have)

I have had this bird since it's premature birth during the 'perorder' fiasco. Once officially released I have not experienced many of the issues some have reported. I have never had wierd oscillations at cruise, descent or during ils tracking. (I rarely use VNAV for full descent, but it does function) For me, especially since fde master Rob Young took over, the PSS777 has always been a stable smooth ride hour upon hour upon hour. Special note for me - I am not an ATP but this bird is a JOY to taxi - it just feels good on its gear, heavy but smooth and easy as silk.My issues:PSS birds don't seem to handle wind shifts as well as others - I dumb down the overspeed warning.PSS' less than stellar modelling - only reason I keep them is the fully 3d, fully functional (within feature limits) vc. edit - sometimes LNAV will blow right past sharps turns in a SID on climbout, but I'm not sure this is unique. regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I've had the PSS 777 for a long while now and it's great. You don't need to merge it with anything. It's VC is magic and it flies great - all that matters.Sure it has a few small issues but these don't detract from the experience. Make sure you get a killer free soundset from the library.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hi I have the PSS B777.. i brought it from just flight and really like it, the sound package that comes with it is ok but there are better engine sounds on AVSIM to simulate that 777 engine howl when it spools up , got to be one of the best sounding engines :). I do have a few problems thou .. when using heading select she will tend to pass the heading then turn back to track it .. also i have had a few FMC freeze ups that ment i had to do a reset , i dont use VNAV so i cant really comment on that problem . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest nihongo

For me the PSS777 has better Frame rates than the PSS 757 which I just bought (I am happy with it yet I think the ADI is glitching with no colours in the atitude indication itself-possible due to the VOZ scenery taking up memory) and it seems I had a few probs with cruise on autopilot with the speed. Maybe the wind changes.The PSS is what I wanted, a full accurate VC with an all rounded well modelled aircraft. I think the 777 has the best sounds and I would like to know what 777 sounds on Avsim sound better than the PSS777!!!

>...I would like to know what 777 sounds on Avsim sound>better than the PSS777!!!That's a joke right? :-hah This has always been another PSS 'limit' - a very basic 'default-like' soundset. Go to the library, type 777 and select 'fs2004 - sounds' category - take your pick, I recommend Devyn Silverstein.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark