Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747-400 luva

PSS 777

I totally agree, i believe thats the sound set i have .this is the one i think .. 777_sound_package.zip Rich

ugcx_banner.png

>I totally agree, i believe thats the sound set i have .>>this is the one i think .. 777_sound_package.zip>> RichWhich folder should these sound files go in.I notice that the default sound is aliased to this folder(alias=PSSB77704sound).When I extract,I get for example,a 777 sound package folder and 2 GE sounds for interior and exterior engine spool up, in the aircraft sound folder.Are these sound files to be left in the aircraft sound folder or again aliased.Any help appreciated.Ron

Ron Service

You can discard the 2 files for interior and exterior sounds as these are just an example of what the real B777 sounds like .. The PSS B77 is modeled on the GE engines so all you need is this set . To install the file you replace the sound folder in PSSB77704 with the one for the GE .. back up your original .. then just make sure the folder you put in is also called Sound .. .. load up FS and give it a try ..switch to the external view just before you advance the throttles and crank up your speakers .. sounds just like the real thing now . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest nihongo

I will try it on my freeware aircraft 1st, then I will compare to the PSS 777. BTW I have spent some REAL time in 777-300 cockpits. (Rolls Royce!)

Simply put...If you're coming from default and freeware aircraft, it's great and a lot of fun.If you're coming from add-ons by the likes of PMDG and LDS, it's a great disappointment.While I still argue it's worth it, I have to say that it does not fly like the real thing. It has a very low roll inertia (i.e., almost fighter like) and it's rotation charactersistics are severely lacking. It is the best 777 available though.

Eric Szczesniak

Guest nihongo

I have the PMDG 737NG. The PMDG is not clear on the virtual cockpit like the PSS 777 or 757.The PMDG does not have weather radar or TCAS.The CDU/FMC on the PSS are more thorough than the PMDG.I don't know why everyone thinks PMDG is so good for when they talk about the PSS T7.If anything, the PMDG has great sounds but I don't know where you are getting all this information from.

nihongo,The PMDG 737NG does indeed have a TCAS, you just need to know how to turn it on...RTFM!;)

Guest nihongo

Does it actually work? I know how to turn it on........

If you all want to pay a couple bucks for some really real sounding engines, syncro-soft does very good sounds and has released the GE90 sound set which is what the 777 primarly seems to use with most operators. Its for sale over at simmarket.com

Eric