Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

NEW FS11

Birdstrikes are there in fs9, well with I think a few add-ons that is.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest nihongo

Is it appropriate to ask questions in here on the development of MS new FS?

Guest nihongo

>Ok so much for fs11. Now onto fs12!LOL!

Guest nihongo

Has anyone heard anything of it?I want cloud shadows, military/mission capability (missiles, guns, explosions etc), ships that move (such as carriers), and possibly a real ATC that you can jump in and spectate or operate yourself, either multiplayer or AI aircraft.Maybe Microsoft can buy licenses for payware products for FS9 and use jets and scenery in FS11? That will make 3 versions available. FS2009X, FS2009X Deluxe and FS2009X Expert. Expert will have all the fruit and the most realistic (such as PSS and PMDG) functioning cockpits.

HiI want less forgiving aircrafts - keep them inside their limits - or you get punished like in real flying. I find most planes far too easy to get out of troubles i.e. stalls etc.Henrik

Well the first thing I would want is for MS to realize just who their customer base really is !A relatively small percentage of simmers can afford to shell out big bucks every few years to buy new or upgrade their computer upon which to run the latest and greatest sim.The vast majority of us - hobbiests and addicts alike - do not have unlimted disposable income and must try to get the most out of what we have - usually a system which must also do mundane tasks such as word processing.Once they face up to that fact perhaps we will have less cute animations and more solid performance improvements.

Guest Coneman

>Well the first thing I would want is for MS to realize just>who their customer base really is !>>A relatively small percentage of simmers can afford to shell>out big bucks every few years to buy new or upgrade their>computer upon which to run the latest and greatest sim.>>The vast majority of us - hobbiests and addicts alike - do not>have unlimted disposable income and must try to get the most>out of what we have - usually a system which must also do>mundane tasks such as word processing.>>Once they face up to that fact perhaps we will have less cute>animations and more solid performance improvements.>>>>Amen

No I am afraid that all the cutie eye candy will stay. You got to realize that microsoft doesn't make as much money if they only sell to us hard core simmers. They want a product that will appeal to everyone (kids especially) because that is where the money is and that is what it is all about.Don

There is already a very long FS-11 "wish-list" thread over in the FSX forum that was started months ago. You'll have to do a search to find it.At the end of the day, there was once a FSX wishlist thread and it ushered in a new dawn of openness between Aces and the FS Community. Wishes such as new ATC, improved AI, cloud shadows, better aerodynamics, better performance, etc had been requested directly to Aces back then. We hoped for graphical improvements to satisfy the casual simmer in addition to core simulation improvements that will satisfy the hard-core simmer (but make the simulation more accurate for BOTH groups). In return we 'got' more than we bargined for.We 'got' graphics that will choke even today's fastest systems. We 'got' flour bombing. We 'got' whale watching. When there was an outcry from the community we 'got' told that we are "too negative" here at Avsim vs the other simulation sites. After almost a year, we 'got' a DX-10 "preview". We 'got' a split FS community, developers 'got' forced to develop for THREE platforms: FS9, FSX SP1, and SP2 because many SP1 products 'got' broken by SP2. We 'got' left with many open issues with FSX and finally we 'got' told that the team had moved onto FS11 and no more patches or fixes were fortcoming for FSX.Considering all the things that we 'got' with FSX maybe we should stay silent and just wait and see what we 'get' FS11! :-lolWarm regards,Mike T.

you missed few.we got water that looks like 6 grit sandpaper regardless if its a river, ocean or lake.............we got conifers in the bahamas we got deserts in the amazonwe got snow that looks like whole snowmen raining we got virtually FS9 with addons that most of us already have anyhow.on to fs14.

Guest lalo lolo1

I have read that after the bad Vista performance and acceptance from the general public, MS is developing a new Windows that will use a Linux like OS, making it less demanding of RAM and CPU. If that is the case I don't think we'll see another FS until this new Windows is released.Leo

Guest nihongo

>Has anyone heard anything of it?>>I want cloud shadows, military/mission capability (missiles,>guns, explosions etc), ships that move (such as carriers), and>possibly a real ATC that you can jump in and spectate or>operate yourself, either multiplayer or AI aircraft.>>Maybe Microsoft can buy licenses for payware products for FS9>and use jets and scenery in FS11? That will make 3 versions>available. FS2009X, FS2009X Deluxe and FS2009X Expert. Expert>will have all the fruit and the most realistic (such as PSS>and PMDG) functioning cockpits. I have to say I must one more thing.Emergency Procedures. A mayday call or a lower level 'Priority, Priority, Priority' I am not sure if it priority, but it is a word used which is not mayday, but indicates you are in trouble. Someone correct me please.I would like to see proper procedures for 'engine out', 'fire', and other common emergencies pilots are trained in Airlines) such as depressurization (15 seconds to attach facial hug mask-Oxygen). Terrorist practise, setting the sqauwk code to 7700. Just a couple of emergencies of which there could be much more!BTW, anyone tried doing a Night flight (similar to the 757 that had its pitot static tubes taped over and had no Airspeed or Altitude indications) with a blocked (can be simulated from within FS9) pitot static tube?

Leo:Windows 7 (unofficially the official name, aka Windows Vienna, aka Windows Blackcomb) is in development now and Milestone 1 has been released to a very closed audience. Right now, the target release date for Windows 7 is between 2009 and 2010 (grain of salt added).With that said, FSX was released six months before Vista was available to the public. Almost none of the architecture required for DX10 support was included in FSX despite it being touted as the showcase title for DX10 and Vista. And with the current version of DX10 being DX10.1, FSX is not in the ballpark when compared to fully DX10/DX10.1 games such as Crysis.So judging by that track record I would doubt that Aces will wait for Windows 7 to be released before they release FS11.It is very interesting to see how FSX and Vista are so closely tied together however. Both received very lukewarm receptions. Both have spit the community with users of FS9 refusing to move to FSX as well as users of WindowsXP refusing to move to Vista. Both perform poorly on current midrange systems and both require the latest new hardware to run at peak performance as compared to the previous version. And peak performance on Vista / FSX is STILL slower than the previous versions. Both are bloated with things that serve very little purpose that leave people scratching their heads (read: User Account Control / Flour bombing missions). But in turn failed to address issues that were actually looked forward. Oh well, here's to FS11 and Windows 7. Unless FlightGear takes-off (no pun intended) or another operating system takes the place of Windows we're all locked in for a penny or for a pound.