Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

NEW FS11

Guest flightsimmernick

>At the end of the day, there was once a FSX wishlist threadWould be interesting to see what the FSX wishlist was!I echo David's comments, well Said!

Then this begs the question of why was microsoft pushing bloated software that they knew from the get go would offer nothing new and run like a complete disaster? If they are changing the architecture, which i doubt, then they could have easily released nor vista nor fs10.... But then again it comes down to money but that seems to be backfiring more and more with every release.........

I want a totally new and vastly improved ATC. I also want the sim to be able to handle huge amounts of AI in an effective manner. This means separation, multiple runways in use, but not in a locked star mode. It should be possible to set runway ends independently from their reciprocal ends and their "parallel" brothers and sisters. Etc... I want ATC to pay attention to my parking code. Etc... I want to configure a runway for tailwind use to a certain wind speed in the airport's Afcad. Etc... Sloped runways. Etc...I think we all know what the problems are, they've been well documented and absolutely ignored in FSX, it's time to fix those problems and it's gonna take a rewrite, not an update.If none of this is in FSXI, I'm not gonna buy it. And I mean it, I bought FSX Deluxe on release day and man, do I still regret that...Hardcore FS9 and XP user here, with a brand-new and fast system. It's not just about performance anymore. And this goes for FS and OS. We need real progress...Anyhoo, we'll see what happens, but I'm not all that optimistic.;-)

Mike...

Guest flightsimmernick

Sounding good Mike, Like your thinking and AI traffic has come along way in a short space of time but then seem to have ground to a hault really where FSX is concerned. I mean im not an FSX user (FS9 hardcore and will be until I see a sim that can offer something like the above!) But from what I have read there does not seem to many major advances. Am quite happy with what FS9 can offer me and as said until I see something from a new sim that appeals to me then I shall stay an FS9 user. Also agree with the comment above about the amount that people pay. I mean I dont have a problem with paying for a hobby but when a new FS comes out there seems to be a running jump by masses of peiople and when it comes down to the nitty gritty there is little difference to justify the spending.Just my thoughts anyway!

And here's the rub. Aces / Microsoft wants to bring new audiences into flight simming to boost revenue; fair enough, they are in business to make money after all, BUT:Who is going to pay $50.00 to play a berzerk flour bomber, pretend to be Jacques Cousteau on a whale watching mission, or, take on the role of Steve Irwin observing the migratory habits of the Sudanese Long Haired Yak? Ain't gonna happen. Who ever came up with that in the marketing department should now have a solid career in the mailroom at Walmart.Doing that is equivalent to thinking that you can get more people to get interested in Water Polo by giving away free beer, and having a laser light show and fireworks extravaganza at every game. Water polo, like flight simulation, is a niche market enjoyed by a set group of people. If you want to get more people interested in it then point out the fun parts of what it has to offer and teach them why it is so exciting. Adding still bits of silly diversionary fluff will do absolutely nothing. You are NOT going to get a guy who paints himself in Oakland Raiders colors every Sunday to attend a Water Polo game. Just like you are not going to get a hardcore FPS gamer to get interested in FS by selling a air racing and aircraft carrier landing module and giving it a cool name like...Acceleration! Its called getting to KNOW YOUR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC!Make FS as realistic as possible in relation to real world aviation and show people what its really like to fly and they will have a sense of accomplishment when they master it. Get people to call their friends and say "hey look what I can do, I bet YOU can't!"Anway, soapbox off, its all been said already. But I leave you all with this: "If you can't lead a horse to water, then give him beer because sometimes he doesn't like soda."