Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jet Ranger

Cloud9 Phantom problem

Guest Jet Ranger

I downloaded the Cloud9 phantom as Id heard that it was supposed to be really good & yes I have to agree, now obviously its a Trial version of which you have to buy; you get 6 minutes then FS9 closes itself, I have tried uninstalling this product but after I have done this via the CORRECT procedures when I try & start FS9 it now says: "Aircraft Initialization errorAA configuration"FS9 then crashes! upon reinstalling the Cloud9 Phantom, FS9 works perfectly, uninstall via correct procedures-same message & FS9 crashes, any ideas how I can sort this out without having to buy the Phantom?

Guest nihongo

I have had the same with any trials of Cloud9. Missing Potomac, crashes and what have you. Never happened before I touched their products!

Guest Jet Ranger

managed to find the problem, silly me had made the cloud9 phantom as the default flight thus FS9 was trying to find something that was no longer there! DUH!!!:-doh

It could be an entry in your FS9 cfg causing the sim to crash even after uninstalling Cloud 9.You can try moving your current FS9 cfg to a folder for safe keeping an let the sim rebuild the cfg. If the sim starts with the new FS9 cfg and works ok you can then compare the two cfg's entries . If you find the offending line or entry in your original cfg try removing it and reinstalling it back into the sim, it's especially convenient if you have tweaked your original cfg.

>you get 6 minutes then FS9 closes itselfHave you figured out that you get 6 minutes AT TIME to evaluate it ? If you launch FS9 again, you will have another 6 minutes, and so on, without limit on the number of times you do that!>"Aircraft Initialization error AA configuration"That's the standard FS9 message that appears if you start FS9 with a default startup flight that contains an aircraft that's not available anymore. It doesn't have anything to do with the Phantom, it can happen with any plane, if you remove it while it was loaded as default.>any ideas how I can sort this out without having to buy the PhantomYou can do one of the following:- Reinstall the Phantom Trial, change the startup flight, Uninstall the Phantom Trial- edit the SITUATION= line in FS9.CFG to point to a flight that loads an airplane that exist