Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

FS-eXcel Help needed.

Hi Gang,I have a little problem in FS that I could use your help with.Ok.. I installed a utility called FS-eXcel, it's supposed to change the sky, water, ground, runways, lights, taxiways and building textures. The screen-shots looked good and worth installing to have a look. After installation I loaded up a flight and to my surprise it was pitch black at mid-day!?! I uninstalled and told the installer to reinstall the defaults again.. no problem, I would just reinstall my FE and GE textures real quick, and for good measure I reinstalled 3D lights Redux to be sure I got my light textures back. All is good in FS land again... except that now the spotlight textures that should be just in front of the plane at night are now 50 feet in front of the plane. I've hunted for a support forum for the product, but there isn't one. I've also looked through different FS CFG's and haven't found anything helpful... but I do think it has to be a CFG setting.Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

spotlight.bmp in Textures folder controls the landing lights on the aircraft, if that is what you mean. You might look for some replacements or original off of FS9 CDs.

Where did you get the FS-eXcel utility?I would like to see for myself what it can or cannot do.Thanks in advance.

Just visited their site -Interesting to note they have put their product sales "on hold"Perhaps they too have discovered some problems.