Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Right Engine(s) Stops Responding

Suddenly my right side engines stop responding to my CH throttle quad on verY short final right after after I turn off auto pilot and autothrottle to make the final touchdown. Happens on all planes and all flights, doesn't matter if it's 2 engine or 4, turboprop or heavy and only the throttles controlling the right side. I can control them using the mouse, but not the quad. Takeoff and Taxi are fine.Am I doing something wrong procedurally or should I continue to root around in my FSUIPC, and software settings. I have even gone as far as setting my default flight to the default cessna at KSEA, but no joy.I've never had this problem before and not sure what's causing it.Thanks in advance to any help you can provide.

Guest 247

Hit e then after 1 2 3 4 and then you should have re selected all engines again.

Thanks, Jordan. Problem is it's just as I touch down and I have to fight the right engine(s) thrust to stay on the run way. I don't have time to do that.

Guest RonB49

>Thanks, Jordan. Problem is it's just as I touch down and I have to >fight the right engine(s) thrust to stay on the run way. I don't >have time to do that.True. So the thing to do is stop doing what you're doing. For some reason, you are hitting the "e" key while you are on short final. If you depress the "e" key only, then it defaults to e, 1 (just as if you hit the "e" key followed by the "1" key). Then the only way to undo it is e, 1, 2 or e, 1, 2, 3 or e. 1, 2, 3, 4 depending on how many engines you have.So what are you doing that causes you to depress the "e" key? Whatever it is, stop that!Oh, I just had another thought. Did you mention FSUIPC? If you have the payware version, I seem to recall that they is a way to configure a single key to (I believe Pete's term is) Synchronize Throttles. Check it out in the FSUIPC docs and see if I'm correct.R-EDIT to add -- I just reread your original post. Sorry, my answer is only applicable to using one throttle lever for mutiple engines. If your set up uses a separate lever for each engine then my answer is hogwash. Please disregard if this is the case. Sorry for my error. R-

You have probably got conflicting comands. Do you use FSUIPC to assign your throttles ? Do you use CH software to assign your throttles. You probably still have FS9 comands assigned to your throttles. Too much information.if you have a spare day to do it then try this.1.Uninstall any CH software.2. Go to FS9 assignments and delete any joystick assignments...ALL of them.3. go to FS9 settings menu and select "disable joystick"4. use FSUIPC to assign all your joystick/yoke/trottle/rudder axes and buttons.Ths will only work if you have a registered copy of FSUIPC and you will have to do it for each aircraft you fly. However once it is done you will not have any conflicts again.Peter

Peter Schluter

One of the oddities of FS9. The only time I experience this condition is when making a left pattern approach to Key West (KEYW) Runway 9 left. My right engine in the Kingair 350 will not respond to the joystick or keyboard. It took me a couple of tries before I reaized this was happening. I could never make a proper approach and final touchdown without something going wrong with the landing. I finally had to open the throttle window and bring the slider down to match the left side. I had no failures set in the sim and never could find an explanation for this one.Bill :-hmmm :-hmmm

Thanks all. Bill, I haven't flown into Key West in months, but I wonder if this has to do with a left pattern approach. I landed fine in Moscow last night which was a straight on approach. I wonder if it has something to do with my releasing autothrottle control with FSNavigator instead of clicking on the panel's button -- I use FSNav because I usually fly with custom made minipanels, so I can keep FSNs autopilot controls available at all times.But this has only started to happen within the last two weeks, and nothing has changed (that I remember!). Yes I have throttles configured through FSUIPC; yes, one lever for all engines because I fly so many different planes; no, I don't have CH Products software installed; and no, I'm not hitting the "e" key at any time -- I don't even use the keyboard. And it's only the right side engines -- so, I'm sure it's because of a conflicting command somewhere, probably from one of my addons. Problem is, again it seemed to just start happening right out of the blue and I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble stopping before the end of the runway.I need to go back tonight when I get home (hah, like I'll have the time!) and go through FS9 and the docs of FSUIPC, FSPassengers, FSNavigator, ActiveSky, Radar Contact, my VAs tracking software and AISmooth and see if ANY of them have a command set to the 'e' key, but I don't think so. If anybody has any other ideas that might save me some time looking, this is a hard one to research for obvious reasons. If not and I can't find anything else, I'll just run with Bill's "left approach" answer and keep blaming FS9! :-badteeth

I fly on-line a lot and used to have that issue - until I figured out is was the mulitplayer chat loss of focus which was having me enter commands accidently.I remapped the Engine command in FS to CTRL+SHFT+E and haven't had the problem since.

Good idea, Reggie. We've been having a lot of problems over at my VA with their on-line flight recording software. I may just remap the engine commands and see how that works, instead of suffering through hours of frustration studying this. I'll keep the thread updated.

For the MSFS Around The World Race we recommend remappingSlew - CTRL+SHFT+YPause - CTRL+SHFT+PEngine - CTRL+SHFT+EMagneto - CTRL+SHFT+MOf course the first relate more to the flight tracking / validation software we use - but those remappings are among the first things I always recommend for FS.

Guest RonB49

This is a great idea; thank you. R-

It happened again last night -- this time I tried the suggestion from above about hitting e 1, 2 etc. and did that on very short final. Unfortunately, I hit the E key, then 1, then 2, which of course is wrong. (I should have hit E then 1, E then 2.) D'oh! :-8

Guest RonB49

>It happened again last night -- this time I tried the>suggestion from above about hitting e 1, 2 etc. and did that>on very short final. Unfortunately, I hit the E key, then 1,>then 2, which of course is wrong. (I should have hit E then>1, E then 2.) >Hey Chuck, I think that you did it right. It is press and release e, then press and release 1, then press and release 2. If that's what you did, then it should hve worked. R-

Maybe I didn't hit the 1 and 2 in succession quickly enough. I don't know -- like I said, I've never had this problem before.Weird.

I have remapped the following keys to: Slew - CTRL+SHFT+YPause - CTRL+SHFT+PEngine - CTRL+SHFT+EMagneto - CTRL+SHFT+Mas suggested by Reggie Fields earlier in this thread.Thanks to Reggie and everyone who tried to help me with this vexing problem!