Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

So, You think your FS9.1 is running about as good as it can be !

Hi Gang.Does this sound familiar at all . . . Blurred textures, Slow loading times, Sim seems stuttttttttery, Just doesn't seem to look right etc etc. Well read on.I know that some of you are more than likely aware of this service, but I suspect that there are a lot that don't.Well, have a look here http://www.fs-gs.com/I have had two sessions now with Michael, and I enjoyed them both tremendously. And learnt a lot about my system in general, not just FS.The first one I had was to do a review of the service for a FS Organisation that I used to review for a years or so ago, and the second session was only a few weeks ago after a HDD decided to go south on me.Of course I had backed up just about everything, but that is simply not enough, you loose all of your specific settings and of course some of the programs necessary for this to work properly.To some this might seem like advertising. Not the case, I am simply trying to get across the message about how much better your Sim can not only look, but feel too.I have never had my Sim running so smoothly and with Every slider and setting at the Max.If you purchase Add-On aircraft and scenery's, then just think of this as an add-on that you are buying, but one that you will definitely get the most out of, and use automatically unlike an add-on aircraft that you may fly to death in the beginning, then get fed up of after a while.Have a look at their web site and read some of the Testimonials that are on there, some from Companies that we all know well.This guy will take you into settings and places on your system that you have never been before, and probably didn't know they even existed.He will gather all of your system specs, and tailor the session to suit.I just thought I would post this here to give some of you the heads up on this service that has been around for a while now, but I feel that a lot of simmers might not know about it.All the best.

I used his service years ago. He made it possible for me to enjoy FS9 before we human beings invented the duals and quads super CPUs that many of us use today. When I move to FSX or FS11 he'll be the first person I want to do business with. :)Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I'm aware of the service and believe it can be very helpful. Some of us need to be taken by the hand when it comes to setting up a computer. One of the few times that I looked into the FSX forum I did notice a testimonial from someone who had a Pent 4 3.6 Ghz machine that was very satisfied with how he got FSX to run but he still needed 2 or 3 gigs of ram.

Just curious as to when anyone has had contact with this group. Sent 2 emails to the address in their contact link, for personal service....both came back as undeliverable!!!Rick

If this isn't BLATANT advertising, then I do't know what is.oh and people, keep your money.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

Just about everybody has an idea what it takes to make Fs2004 fly as good as it can, but most of the time their ideas dont work too good. I ran into this guy (info about him online) about 4 years ago when my Fs2004 was not running as good as it could. I've used him twice, and it was the BEST money I have ever spent on my Flight SIm 2004. I LOVE FS 2004 and he made it run like a dream. Back then it was $100 a session and I used him twice (upgraded my computer) and I'm so happy to see that he is still around and has not DIED, because in a few months when I get my new compter, I"M GOING TO USE HIM AGAIN!! He knows more about computers and what the settings should be more than anyone, I think. This is NOT a "wham, bam, thank you mam". The sessions take about one hour via the telephone (for me) but he has other ways to do it. You can make one hella lot of setting changes to a computer in one hour !! jerrycwo4 BE GOOD TO YOUR SELF. LET HIM MAKE YOUR FLIGHT SIM RUN THE WAY YOU HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED IT COULD BE.Nope, I'm not on his payroll, just glad that someone in this world knows how to make your Flight Sim run it utter BEST!!

All this "bickering" is probably a "moot" point! I have sent emails to the Personal Service and the Webmaster links, and they keep coming back as undeliverable. So I guess the website and the Service is "dead"!Rick

Just curious about this service, so I gotta ask.What han FS-GS do that you can't do yourself if your an expert, or a little assertiveness if you are a novice? Don't get me wrong, I own an IT consulting company so I understand the concept of taking money from people who can't or won't do things themselves, but since there is no hocus pocus to tweaking computers and all information is readily available through Google (or insert your favorite search engine here) is there something I'm missing? Also, are is the optimization soup to nuts so not only does FS give me more frame rates and look better but so does MS Word 2007? Just curious.

I'm also consider my self an computer expert. And figured I knew everything. But this guy came over my house and spent about 3or4 hours, first tweaking my computer, then FS9. I was blown away with the results. I just upgraded my computer using quad and decent MB and he will tweak me again.He's an ex microsoft guy and if you put your ego aside, he can teach you how a computer should run XP and FS9 smooooothly. Well spent $100.00Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Well, certainly if you know what you're doing and are willing to put potentially a lot of time and effort into researching all the possible tweaks that are suitable for your particular computer setup and hardware configuration, then by all means do it. I don't know what FS-GS can do that you can't find somewhere on the 'net... I'll assume that 98% at least of what FS-GS does, you can do yourself with the right google searches and viewing the right results....In which case, it becomes a simple matter of convenience... Spend potentially days doing research to find all the possible tweaks for your particular hardware configuration, or spent a bit of money to have FS-GS make a plan for you and walk you through the process of applying it in a matter of a few hours.Just like if my motherboard fries. I can either take the whole tower to a shop and pay to have them replace the board and move all the components to the new one, or I can just go out an buy the new motherboard and change it out myself. Save money by doing the labor myself, or pay extra to have someone else do it for me...I'd probably change out my own motherboard myself since that would probably only take me about an hour or two (without rushing), but I simply don't have the time or patience to spend days researching tweaks and optimizations for my computer configuration. I don't really need a major optimization since FS9 performs decently well 90% of the time; but if I did, I'd spend the money on FS-GS any day... And I do know a lot about computers and Windows as a trained computer technician.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I just used this service about two weeks ago and would have to say it was the best money I have spent on this hobby. However I used it for FSX. Yes, there are a lot of tweaks you can find here and on the internet, however on my machine we didn't use any .cfg tweaks. It is all other adjustments that you don't even read about on the internet. I have been into this stuff for about 6 years now, and read lots of tweak post here and in other communities, but the things we did on my machine I have never seen before. Sure, you may be able to get you FS9 or FSX to work and look as good as what FS-GS can make it look like and perform like, however the problem is that most of the people that post tweaks on these and other forums don't have the knowledge and insight that Michael has. In the long run doing it yourself can take days or sometime even months to get it right, and then maybe still not living up to it's potential. For me on FSX is was worth the money ($85.00) to get it right the first time in about 4 hours. Now I can spend time flying and not tweaking. My time is worth more than $85 dollars. Beside, it's only $85 dollars, it's not like they are asking $500 or something. You can easily spend that on a round of golf or an evening out with you signifigant other.Regards,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I too get my emails bounced back - what gives i wonder?