Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

So, You think your FS9.1 is running about as good as it can be !

> but the things we did on my machine I have never seen beforeSuch as? Did he get you to defrag your drive? :DI'm not a big believer, but I'm sure it can help the clueless. No offense. Don't believe there's some trick about for example XP that hasn't been well documented yet. Same goes for FS9. You just have to know where to look. Vista and FSX are another story, there's still much to learn about both, but I don't care about either.> So, You think your FS9.1 is running about as good as it can be!Yes.

Mike...

>> but the things we did on my machine I have never seen>before>>Such as? Did he get you to defrag your drive? :D>>I'm not a big believer, but I'm sure it can help the clueless.>No offense. Don't believe there's some trick about for example>XP that hasn't been well documented yet. Same goes for FS9.>You just have to know where to look. Vista and FSX are another>story, there's still much to learn about both, but I don't>care about either.>>> So, You think your FS9.1 is running about as good as it can>be!>>Yes.Mike there was a little more than defragging my drive, lol, and no I wouldn't say I am clueless. Like I mentioned, I have been in the hobby for about 5 or 6 years. I have read just about every tweak and setting on this board and others. We did NO cfg. tweaks or anything common stuff like that. It was more about getting different pieces of the hardware to work the best together. Sure, you can fiddle around with stuff like some of those XP tweak sites offer. Somethings may help, some may screw up your system and put you in a bind. But Michael, the fellow who did my service, did a lot of other things that you don't read about in these forums. All that I am saying is that for a small amount of money I am done in 4 hours and running FSX to it full potential, no cgf. tweaks, no affinity tweaks, etc. Or, I could still be jacking with it after a few weeks and still not have half the performance I got now, just to save a few bucks. No thanks, I would rather be flying, not tweaking.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Remains the question, what kind of things? Or are you not allowed to tell?

Mike...

>Remains the question, what kind of things? Or are you not>allowed to tell?Don't ya just love it. Why can't we get Col. Sanders to share his secret ingredients for fried chicken or Coca-Cola tell us how to make a Coke in the kitchen. I bet I can get that Bush Baked Beans Golden Retriever to talk for a dog biscuit. We've shared and sent overseas our manufacturing jobs in America, why can't we also share our brain power over the internet for the world too ?

No need to go for the theatrical and flawed analogies. It is a valid question. Here is this "unification service". A lot of people have gone through the process and are lyrical about the results.It makes the rest of us curious. I full well understand that neither Michael Greenblatt nor any of his clients can divulge the entire process. It's a business after all, not a charity.But then, how do you sell this product? How do you convince people? System Unification?! He does things, stuff, you know something...I was looking at the support forum, saw an interesting question I would perhaps like answered myself before I went ahead with it. "How do I prepare for system unification?" Like, do you need an instant messaging client? Does it all happen over the phone? Should I have my computer's documentation within reach. What is the answer? "Please contact me directly + email address."Another simple question. Are you guys still doing this, how do I get started? Please contact me directly + email address.And then you wonder why people get skeptical? Then add to that for example the following thread and some of Mr. Greenblatt's reactions in there and you're alienating a good deal of potential customers.Is it so unreasonable to want to know at least some details before going ahead with it? It takes a lot of time and money. You as well as Mr. Greenblatt must understand these reactions and approach them in a constructive manner. And not start talking about fried chicken... Well, you can get away with it. ;-) But he as a business man can't.

Mike...

I haven't used the service because I'm a tightwad.In your other posting you thought FS 9.1 was running the best you thought your equipment could run it.A Poster on the other forum implied that you send them your computer specs, without charge. It might be that you allow them to scan your computer configuration and settings like Microsoft can do in trouble shooting. They look at and maybe they might or might not think they can help.If they do think they can help, I would guess at that point you pay them for investing their time with you.What we all seek is the most fluid simulation possible with the hardware we have.

I'd be happy to tell you some of Michaels "tweeks" but I cant remember them. I was on the phone with him for about 1 hour and we were making tweeks as fast as I could carry out his instructions, maybe 2-3 "tweeks" a minute X 60 minutes = 120 to 180 tweeks total. We that have used his services LOVE what he did for us and our computers and our Flight Sims. We think that it was well worth the money sice for the last 10 years trying to get my Flight Sim up to its best I have probably spent close to $ 20,000. I donnt worry about another $80 - $100 for his services. If everyone used his services we would not have to have a fourm for the latest and best tweeks, we'd all be running at 100%. If you want to strugle on by yourself, that's fine, but you'll never find the answer by yourself or you would not be reading this fourm in the first place. I hope Michael lives to 100 years old so that he can keep me flying at 100%. jerrycwo4

> NOBODY can tweek a computer like Michael!No doubt. Tweaking, that's a whole nother story.> If you want to strugle on by yourself, that's fine, but you'll never find the answer by yourself or you would not be reading this fourm in the first place.You assume a great deal. Some would even say too much. ;-)

Mike...

Let's look at it from another angle guys. I do not downplay Michael or what he does at ALL!!! I think he is a gem to the community based on the amount of people standing by his side. But by the same token for some of us it is more a case of learning hands on and gaining enjoyment out of playing with our boxes. This shouldn't be such a debate, to each his own...Take me for example, $ isn't the issue. The issue is which option is more satisfying. I learn hands on. Tell me 1000 times but show me once and you wont have to show me again. There is a great sense of self satisfaction when you do it yourself and you overcome an obstacle or challenge. For me I can happily spend as much time as it takes to get it right knowing the accomplishment of looking at the end product and personally understanding what went into it. not everyone has that luxury. People keep talking about going back to him but if you truly learned what he was teaching you instead of just doing as he said you wouldn't have to keep going back ;)LOLIt is not always about convenience, ease or money. A lot of us actually ENJOY the hobby of playing with our machines. I am a techie, I have been taking apart the VCR and putting it back together (*minus some parts you never really needed in the first place since I was 7) I took a 290 HP car and made it 330, changed the suspension while improving the stereo at the same time because I just like to modify things... I look at my house and am always looking at what I can modify next. My last project was a waterproof LCD built into a mirror for my bathroom :) Off= mirror on = LCD everyone should have one of these in the bathroom ;)I know I got off the track there but the point of all of that rambling is that for some of us it is just in our nature to do it ourselves regardless...To each his own, thank goodness for Michael because of all the people he has made happy and more power to those of us who enjoy banging our head against a wall repeatedly and losing sleep thinking of what setting we can change next...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 @3.8 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @936Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I used him back in early 2005 and I was satisfied. I have thought about using him again but I have not gotten around to it. I have changed my hardware quite a bit since then so I am sure I could use it.I have used many of the tweaks on the net and I have killed processes as necessary but there is nothing I have found that is as comprehensive as his service.First he will get your rig as clean as possible. Then you will go through and kill all unnecessary processes, tweak your registry and work on your fs.cfg and graphics settings. You will test your system through out the process to determine its optimum settings. When you are satisfied, you will pay. If your are not satisfied, he will continue to work with you until you are.Sure you can spend a lifetime applying tweaks but he knows what tweaks to apply for your system. If things are not running properly, he know where to make the adjustments. In the end, it is a lot less searching, trial and error. It is a good service and it saves a lot of time.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I agree. I like to get the satisfaction of doing it myself also, but even when doing it yourself may take days, weeks, or even years of testing. Then you finally get it right or think you got it right, you go and install a scenery and boom, your frames are down and stutters are up due to that addon. You may never know that you have it set and tweaked to it's full potential until you have it done by an expert who does it day after day. I never thought I would be able to fly into KSEA or KLAX OR KMIA with 100% AI, full scenery denisity, and full weather with storms and still get 20+ fps thats smooth and fluid, with no blurries. That to me was worth the $85 bucks and 4 hours. Now I can fly in peace and read these forums for entertainment instead of searching for tweaks. And can also run any addon without fear of what effect its going to have of my frame rate or smoothness. To all those that have used the service, I agree it's the best. To those that haven't I would recomend at least talking to Michael to see what he can offer you, it's free. BTW, I hope he lives another 50 years also. He's a really nice guy who doesn't mind helping with any questions after your service. Now if I could just get him to quit smoking cigarettes, lol.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was going to use his services sometime ago, but had a disagreementwith him due to something I won't go into. Nonetheless the impressionI got from the short time I spoke to him was that he really knows hisstuff and for this reason and the fact I have friends who haveused his services and seen then result I wouldn't hesitate to recommendhis services.Regards