Sign in to follow this  
Guest robystar

FS2004 commercial adds forum?

Guest robystar

Hi all,I am wondering? Has this FS2004 forum become a free forum for commercial add ons? Looks like especially when seeing the latest threads!Roby

Hi Roby.I'm not too sure what you mean, could you elaborate a little.Thanks.

I dunno, Steve? Could it have been your thread that's the basis for this one? I just L-O-V-E to see these eloquently written testimonials, all with the same disclaimer thrown somewhere near the bottom, about some guy charging to make your system run so much better.Wasn't there another one of these heartfelt testimonials just a few, short days ago? And with the standards of forums posting not generally having the highest literacy level, these testimonials would make ANY college level English Professor proud.I'm 99% DON'T CARE, but the other 1% thinks it's an end-around on Avsim's advertising prohibition.Whatcha think, Steve?

Guest robystar

Hi,How strange, Steve, that you are the first one to reply.Oh no, it is not just you, another recent example would be fsexcel.And dozens of other threads.It makes me move to Flightsim.com. Unfortunately, lately, the same thing is happening over there.Time for a moderator to move in perhaps?Roby

MeshMan.I have read your comments a few times now, and I am still uncertain as to weather or not it is meant to be sarcastic or derogatory or maybe just plain rude.So, I am going to air on the side of caution just in case I have taken your comments out of context.What I did was to post about the results I have experienced on MY system after using the service provided by FS-GS.You will no doubt have seen the comments made by two other individuals that have also read the post left by myself. I did this for the reasons specified in the same and original post.I have been contacted by a number of companies that I used to be in regular contact with who have used the service, and are pleasantly surprised at the increase in performance they have achieved with not just FS, but their system in general.This is when I wondered just how many simmers could have their system running FS so much smoother, which in turn would make it a more enjoyable experience.For example, just look at how many people are enjoying night flying once again thanks to the efforts put in by the developers of the shockwave lights. Their product was originally designed just for FSX, but after receiving lots of emails and forum posts they decided to make it available for FS9 users too.How many times have we seen questions such "has anyone tried" or "what does so and so run like" We see then quite often.I did not see any harm whatsoever in making the same information available for others to view and make up their own mind.These are the very reasons why networking and forums were such a big hit from the very beginning. It's where people come together to share ideas, and get help from others that have had the same or similar issues, and have found either a solution to the problem or managed to get help from someone that did know the answer.I am certainly very happy with how well my system runs FS, and I know a few of my friends are too. They used to suffer from the common issues such as bluries, poor frame rates and image drawing imperfections that are abound in a system that is simply not configured correctly.Now that I have re-explained why I made the original post, let me get back to you on some of your other points made in your reply.Starting with "I just L-O-V-E to see these eloquently written testimonials, all with the same disclaimer thrown somewhere near the bottom, about some guy charging to make your system run so much better"I'm somewhat confused again here about what you are tyring to say. For example. The part about the disclaimer. If you take your car to a garage to have it repaired, are you now saying that they are not entitled to charge for the repairs, or is this a disclaimer too!Also, "Wasn't there another one of these heartfelt testimonials just a few, short days ago?" Well if there was such a thread then I certainly did not see it. But there again this forum can have some pretty heavy traffic through it, and I have just returned from a course which lasted some six days, so I obviously missed this post. Although I am still not too sure why you felt the need to end that comment with a question mark instead of an exclamation mark which would have been much more grammatically correct.Then there is the part afterword where you place a comma after the "few" which confuses me somewhat, then follow the question mark with a capital A. This should only really be done after a full stop, and not in the middle of a sentence.I ask these questions because you make the point about "standards of forums posting not generally having the highest literacy level, these testimonials would make ANY college level English Professor proud" Shouldn't that have been a full stop once again after the "level", and not another comma. Then followed by a capitol T in the "These testimonials"But of course, I could be completely wrong, and maybe in your part of the world your English professors teach in a different manner to ours.If I am wrong in any way at all, then please accept my humble apologies in complete sincerity.All the best.PS I see absolutely no forum activity under the name of MeshMan prior to this, maybe you are new to posting in this forum.

Is it weather or whether. Where is spell check when you really need it.LOLRon

Ron Service

Hello Roby.I feel disconcerted about your harshness in your reply.I suppose that it is not possible that I was browsing the forums when you made your post, or is it a conspiracy somewhere along the line.I don't understand the point to your comment "Oh no, it is not just you, another recent example would be fsexcel"What are you saying exactly here. Perhaps you should re-visit that same thread, as they have put the sales on hold.And as for "It makes me move to Flightsim.com. Unfortunately, lately, the same thing is happening over there" I fail to understand this as well.

Hi Ron.Yes, I agree with you completely.I have always had this same problem time and time again, wheather or weather or not I run IE Spell, which I do of course, but the more I look at the two, the more uncertain I become.I suppose it's similar to your or you're.If in doubt, put both. (*;*)PS I hope the seasons are treating you well in Whitby

Guest robystar

Hi again Steve,If I am wrong about your intentions, I am wrong and it that case except my apologies.Nevertheless I do stick to the point I was trying to make and that is, whether your intention or not, it sure read like a real commercial to me! Roby

>PS I see absolutely no forum activity under the name of>MeshMan prior to this, maybe you are new to posting in this>forum.>No, I'm not a noob. I'm just aware of the no advertising policy of Avsim and how attempts are made to circumvent the rules. Whether that is/was/will be your goal doesn't matter to me. But your noble attempt to educate the unknowing just reads like so many others, always with a disclaimer about how the poster isn't affiliated....blah, blah, blahI'll forego your attempts at giving me an English lesson, as your postings reveal enough. And if you do go checking for my postings here you will find most in the scenery design forum, where I advocate design programs at times, though I am not affiliated nor a part of any particular......

No it isn't. And if you see a message that smacks of commercial advertising, use the alert button to notify the mods of it. Now I am locking this thread.