Sign in to follow this  
Guest belga1

De Havilland DHC3T Turbo Otter Wheel & Ski Package contacts points ??

Guest belga1

Hello,My tought at the light of the last posts is :The aircraft must certainly run very good and was tested by the devellopers or the beta testers... but the files who were uploaded on the differents host sites are not the one tested.So to be fair .. I suspect a mismatch when the files to be released were packed.Cheers for now.

Guest mwirtz

Hi, AllIf you change the contact points to:[contact_points]point.0 = 1, 4.00, -5.80, -6.64, 2600, 1, 0.950, 0.00, 0.4, 2.5, 0.8, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0point.1 = 1, 4.00, 5.80, -6.64, 2600, 2, 0.950, 0.00, 0.4, 2.5, 0.8, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0point.2 = 1, -25.31, 0.00, -2.3, 2200, 0, 0.48, 90.0, 0.4, 2.5, 0.8, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0point.3 = 2, 0.00, -24.00, 3.50, 1800, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 5, 0.0, 0.0point.4 = 2, 0.00, 24.00, 3.50, 1800, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 6, 0.0, 0.0point.5 = 2, -22.60, 0.00, 1.20, 1800, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 9, 0.0, 0.0point.6 = 2, 11.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1800, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 4, 0.0, 0.0;point.7 = 5, -13.60, -5.60, -6.00, 1600, 0, 0.00, 50.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.00, 1.0, 1.2, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0;point.8 = 5, -13.60, 5.60, -6.00, 1600, 0, 0.00, 50.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.00, 1.1, 1.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0static_pitch = 8.9 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)static_cg_height = 5.600 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the groundmax_number_of_points = 13;gear_system_type=1 //HydraulicAnd, use only the center position on the fuel switch the plane will fly as delivered.Everything else seems to be fine and the plane flies like a dream.Thanks, Mark

Guest robystar

Hi Mark,Well, I will be working as a Beta tester again, this time for you.You know from my comments earlier on that I changed the contact points using more or less the figures of the DHC2 from Premier Aircraft Design (and that panel to get the engine started). Although I still had to finetune them, the tail did not sink into the ground anymore (although flightdynamics were rather out of the ordinary but that might have been due to the contact points not being in the right position, I haven't the faintest). But as you posted the new contact points, I just deleted mine and put in yours and, see what happens: the plane crashes while standing on the ground (on default terrain). I will try again without points 7 and 8 and see what happens next.PAD's DHC2 work fine and are lovely to fly with so I guess they will come up shortly with a fix for our problem.RobyPS I also downloaded the file from their own website but they have the wheeled version in one zip and the ski in another zip. The same problem occurred though. I am on Vista, would that have anything to do with it? Just guessing.

Guest bobmay

Many thanks to Roby and Mark for your interest in this.It's a complicated issue because we tested this model in XP and Vista with a variety of hardware and see no problems with the tail sitting at all. We can see from Mark's post above that a 'solution' that works for one user is not a solution for anotherYes, the aircraft config may have some unwanted clutter in because we are developing wheeled, amphibian and float versions all at the same time, but it if that was going to cause a problem we would have seen it.The static height numbers seem to only affect the slew mode but maybe, just maybe, it's causing a prob for some usersRevised number below keeps the plane on the ground when slewing, maybe those simmers with sinking tailwheels could see if it makes a difference.static_cg_height =5.6 // 7.900 //feet, height of CG when at rest on the groundAnother thing you might try is to start from the 'create a flight' menu, choose a default taildragger (Douglas DC-3) and after it loads switch to the DHC-3 Otter. I'd be interested to know if that cures it.Bob.

Guest robystar

Hi Bob,I have been working on trying to make your plane work and fly.Nothing I did could prevent the tail of the plane sinking into the ground (I had two installs before, one from AVSIM with both ski and wheels and one wheeled install from your own website). Switching the contact points to the ones Mark used, made my plane crash at starting FS up. So I deleted the installed aircraft and installed again.Shows up a message "aircraft initiation failure, Flight Simulator has to abort or something".Finally, because I was not able to get rid of the message and unable to get FS going and also because I already found it rather funny that a new session always started where the previous flight ended, I thought of deleting the fs9.cfg and let FS build a new one.Surprise! Your plane flies like a (happy) bird, no more sinking, no more sluggish flight dynamics, no stalls, just a very, very nice bush plane like the ones you made before.Unfortunately, and this could be the start of a whole series of new threads, my water textures (silverwings) and cloud and terrain settings are gone even after putting back the old settings. I still must try to reinstall them, but be it said that:Your bird is beautiful, dynamics are OK, and the rest remains to be figured out as to what the cause could be.Roby with headaches

Guest bobmay

Well, thanks Roby. Sorry 'bout your sky and water stuff tho'.Maybe the few other users who have seen this issue with the DHC-3 also have incompatible stuff lurking in their FS9.cfg ?With so many possible variations of add-ons for FS9 I guess it's inevitable that cans of worms are going to be opened sooner or later...and we have that to look forward to in FSX in a year or two :-(Bob.

Guest belga1

Hello,mwritz ... bingo ! :)Your solution work fine for me.Thank's for nail it :)So I have now 361 planes installed and working nice :)I use WinXP Sp1a and a game FS9 tweaked at max with many addon's like meshes.. sceneries .. Ultimate terrains ... weather addon's etc...This game sometime drive you nuts .. but when all work it's wonderfull.I hope one day Premier Aircraft Design will find a universal solution for this fantastic plane.Cheers for now.

Guest robystar

Hi Bob, And thank you for a nice new plane.And yes, I guess you are right about the addons wreaking havoc sometimes as does FS by the way.Nothing is perfect in life, and me far from it,if I have to believe my wife.Roby