Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

Approach Plates Online

Now that EchoFlight is charging for access to their approach plates, does anyone know of a free place to get charts online? I wish there was an easy way to get the Localizer frequency for the runway the ATC assigns in flight simulator itself. Thanks for any help or info you can lend.Kevin

Thank you everyone!! I hope from the screen shots and video of FS A Century of Flight that all of that data will be available through the GPS. Thanks again!!!!Kevin

Hi,Try also a search with Google with the following keywords : XXXX (ICAO code for the airport you're looking for) and "charts". Almost every time I do that, I get some results, even with remote and small airports.Alain

Hi Kevin,Is itn't it easy to write down the ILS frequencies FS2002 gives you when you start your flight?This goes faster than looking to the charts.Cees

The reason I suggest fscharts.com (appart from the fact that I created it) is that is it has the ILS frequences and runway headings for 100% of the airports in FS2002. That's because the data was pulled directly from the FS2002 AFD files. It doesn't have STARs and SIDs (yet ;) ), but it does have the information you were looking for.

Two additional suggestions:1. FSNAV .. I always have FSNAV running in the background, not only as a moving map .. because I like to know where I am ... but also as a double check on approach charts for freqs, inbound courses, airport layout .. if you don't have the published, printed Jepp or other stuff. VERY VERY useful, AND a great flight planner also!!!2. I'm sure you will all forgive me for saying this, BUT the MAP feature of the generic old MSFS also has the info you are looking for if you simply click on the airport ... it's all there. HAHAHA ... because that is where everyone else gets their data from ... Well not everyone .. but the planners that use MSFS data. The data is NOT 100% valid in 2003 for the REAL airport because of added facilities and other airway and freq changes, but certainly matches the virtual included airports 100%. If you have added scenery and afcad stuff, then you MSFS airport and nav data might have changed.