Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hedgehog

DC-3 Tailwheel Steering?

Guest Hedgehog

I seem to remember seeing a modification that would allow tail wheel steering on the DC-3...(I have the MAAM-Sim version)...I have searched everywhere but can't find it...Can someone guide me to it? Thanks...Steve in Kansas

Guest Hedgehog

Hi: Thanks for the tip...As directed in the article, I pasted the line into the aircraft.cfg...It made the plane tailwheel steerable, but raised the tailwheel way off of the ground...I then went back and just edited the original .cfg with the changed variable (180 to 60) and it worked great...The tailwheel is also visibly steering...(This is all on the MAAM-SIM DC-3...I have not tried it on the default DC3)...Thanks for the help!Steve

Guest CapHavoc

Hi Steve,The MAAM-Sim DC3 comes with a second aircraft.cfg (aircraft.cfgES) that allows for easy steering. Copy all your repaint(s) information to the .cfgES version, rename your original .cfg to aircraft.bak (for example) and then rename the ES version to aircraft.cfg. It's all in the R4D Manual (pp.57-8).