Sign in to follow this  
geoffco

Missing AI lightmaps - where can they go?

Hi,Quick question: I've installed a LOT of AI recently and I have noticed that some repaints did not include a lightmap texture...So, do all the individual aircraft texture folders need to contain this or can I put a copy of each one in the main FS2004/texture folder and then the ones without thir own will read it from there?If not, is there an automated way of finding out which planes are missing their textures? Can FlightSimManager do this?Cheers,Geoff

Aircraft Analyzer can spot missing night textures. Download the 2005 version: http://aifs.pvdveen.net/index.htmlIt will ignore lightmaps in the main Texture Folder though. You can either put lightmaps in their own texture folder together with the main texture or in the main Texture folder for all aircraft using that particular texture. This can save a little space on your drive.Not sure how FS9 checks for a lightmap.

Mike...

Thanks for the info - that's a very nice bit of software by the way. I'm really impressed at the speed that it scans and the presentation of the info... My only "problem" was that it found so many errors!! Fixed them all now though!For lightmaps, I have placed a copy of each AI lightmap in the main texture folder so (assuming the sim does look there) the missing textures in some folders will not matter...Cheers,GEoff

Be sure to get the "Unofficial Update" from here. It has got a nifty batch delete feature. This program together with FlightSim Manager for airfile entry problems is really a must for anyone with AI.I think FS9 first looks in the main Texture folder, then in each repaint's texture folder. Unless I'm mistaken, FSX only looks in repaint texture folders.;-)

Mike...

Do you have another link for this "unofficial update" since the link you posted does not seem to work. As it points to a part of the EvolveAI page I'm not suprised really... that was/is a sad story!For the ACA 2005 program, I don't seem to be able to generate statistics - the program gets about 75% through and then quits on me! Are there known issues when scanning large unmbers of traffic_XXX.bgl files - I have 690 at the last count!Geoff

Not a typo, overzealous forum software thinking I'm not able to put http:// in front of my links... Remove the extra http:// and it'll work. They may have closed, but at the least the forum is still there as an archive.Not sure about your question, I've never used that feature.

Mike...

Ok- the link works now, thanks (I should have tried the http:// thing before asking - duh!)The error is also fixed - I found that the Timetable feature also crashed but here I was able to see which flightplan was being naughty - turned out to be some Norwegian Airforce C130 plans which contained a strange Norwegian letter in one of the registrations - fixed that and the program did not crash :)Finally the "Great AI Drive of 2008" is done and the "PAI Era" is over for me! Time to go fly FS9 :)Geoff