Sign in to follow this  
Guest nilsca

GAutomate - drive gauges via joystick - call for input

Guest nilsca

HiI've written a module that makes it possible to drive the odd gauge that can't be operated by standard key/button assignments in FS9.Maybe you're tired of clicking the same spot in one of those gauges or would like to click a sequence of gauge hotspots say based on moving a joystick axis instead?GAutomate is currently beta only - can only perform left mouse clicks but it does it triggered by a joystick *while* the gauge doesn't even have to be visible.- click a button - click a gauge hotspot - check- move slider above %90 - click another - check- move slider below %90 - click here - checkMore info is herehttp://code.google.com/p/fscode/wiki/GAutomateI'm looking for feedback and hope it helps here and there ;)CheersNils

Guest nilsca

Thanks for the feedback guys - will work on more mouse actions and per-aircraft settings.CheersNils

Hi Nils,Don't know why I missed this thread originally, but glad I saw it now.Looks like a very neat and versitily utility, and I'll give it a test.Allmost all of my freeware gauges use some kind of switches, and I allways had the problem of finding "unused" events so you could manupulate these switches via keystroke/stick buttons instead of mouseclicks. Like "mis-using" the ParkingBrakes in the air to trigger some action.One question in advance: what's the principle difference with a utility like Key2Mouse (payware) ? Doesn't that do something simular ?Best regards, Rob Barendregt

Guest nilsca

Hi Rob>One question in advance: what's the principle difference with>a utility like Key2Mouse (payware) ? Doesn't that do something>simular ?it starts with gautomate supporting keyboard, joystick button and axis as input (you can turn a gauge with a couple of hotclick areas into a lever)More important is that gautomate works without the gauge having to be visible or sitting at a specific place on the screen. If you have a setup with all panels/gauges visible then that's probably not a concern - for folks that flip through panels it can make a difference though.Disadvantage: gautomate only runs inside FS9 (I don't have fs X to develop against)CheersNils

Hi Nils,Thanks for the explanation (I also found the answer allready in your very clear readme.)Can't wait to test it out tonight..Cheers, Rob

Guest popovichyr

I have a problem with yours utility - assigment for joysting buttons above number 10 are not working. How to corectly assign for joysting buttons above number 10?

Guest nilsca

>I have a problem with yours utility - assigment for joysting>buttons above number 10 are not working. How to corectly>assign for joysting buttons above number 10?Hi thereiirc you have to use hexadecimal numbers, so0a = 100b = 110c = 120d = 130e = 140f = 15Hope that helpsNils

Guest popovichyr

Thanks for your answer. If you have ability, create pls event in module when joystick button is releasing. Thank you again!

Guest melf12

Hi Nils,I'm keen to get started with GAutomate 1.1.For a first project I'd like to program Rob Barendregt's Pushback Gauge, so that I can start the Pushback sequence from outside the aircraft (PSS B772LR), then start the taxi, is that possible?Ken

Guest nilsca

Hi Ken>For a first project I'd like to program Rob Barendregt's>Pushback Gauge, so that I can start the Pushback sequence from>outside the aircraft (PSS B772LR), then start the taxi, is>that possible?I've talked to Rob - thing is that gautomate only supports actual 'gau' gauges but not xml-gauges. I don't know that specific gauge ... if it's not an xml gauge you should be fine.CheersNils

>Hi Ken>>>For a first project I'd like to program Rob Barendregt's>>Pushback Gauge, so that I can start the Pushback sequence>from>>outside the aircraft (PSS B772LR), then start the taxi, is>>that possible?>>I've talked to Rob - thing is that gautomate only supports>actual 'gau' gauges but not xml-gauges. I don't know that>specific gauge ... if it's not an xml gauge you should be>fine.>>Cheers>Nils>Hi Nils,Yes, that's an XML gauge as well :-)Hope you can get that figured out ....Cheers, Rob