Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

- - - ASUS Motherboard Question - - -

Hi everyone!I know this should be posted in the PC hardware forum but I didnt think I was likely to get a response there.I am looking for a new motherboard and was going for the ASUS make, however I am some what confused, at Robotnik(http://www.robotnik.com/computer/asus.html)they have an ASUS A78X, and I am unable to find this board on the asus website.The closest thing I can wring up is the A7V8X and the A7N8X, I don't know if robotnik are making a mistake of somekind, I emailed them twice last week and never got a response.Any help will be highly appreciated. :-beerchug

How much more is the A7N8X in price (Canadian if you may)?

Hi ShaneI bought the A7N8X and I am very happy with it.I paid $200.00 cdn for it.FloydCYVR

Same as the V one!! What CPU are you running Floyd?

Ive got a 2.4 and 1 gig of ddr 400 pc3200 rammy only bottleneck is my vid card an original gf3just waiting a couple of months to see how the card wars settle out :-)I use many addons and I get a smooth 22fps where ever I goFloyd

Is that the AMD Athlon XP 2400+? If, i think it only clocks at about 2Gig..

Guest FPSFREAK

If he's running the motherboard he's talking about it's an AMD. The newer B core XP's can and do run very stable at 2.4 Ghz w just aircooling.Floyd, whatcha runnin' so people know

sorry about the wait ShaneMy cpu is a XP2400+ and I've got it clocked to 2197mhzIve got my fs settings averaged at about 80% AI at 50% and my fps set at 22 which stays at 20-22fps every where I've flown using the flight1 meridian, Captainsim 727, PSS dash-8 and the DF737 which are the aircraft I use 99% of the time and also running wxre in the background. My res set at 1600x1024 32bit 4xAA.As mentioned I have a gf3 and I am looking forward to what a ATI 9700pro or the Nividia Nforce will do for my system.Floyd

For good, current Canadian prices, suggest looking up at www.infonec.com

Bert

Thank you All. Its ordered and on its way, I will put the AMD 2700+ in it.

Shane, I just built the machine below about a month ago or so. I've had no problems whatsoever with it and FS2K2 performance is flawless. I went back and forth between the A7V8X and the A7N8X - in the end I chose the V8X because of it's reliability recognizing the AMD 2400 CPU and it's compatability with DDR400 RAM (although I don't use that currently - there are specs on ASUS web site that advise you which brand of DDR400 ram us supported).If you want to know more about the motherboard, try going to http://www.amdmb.com and click on the Forum link from the nav menu, scroll to the bottom where the ASUS Motherboard forum is listed. Do a search for "A7V8X" and you'll be rewarded with a huge amount of resources from other users like yourself.Hope this helps,VisionWindows XP ProAMD XP 2400+ CPU1 Gb DDR333 PC2700 Crucial RAMASUS A7V8X KT400 Via chipsetPNY Verto GeForce4 Ti 4400(2) 40Gb 7200 RPM Maxtor HDDSB Audigy Sound CardAntec Performance Plus 660AMGAntec True Power 550 watt PS