Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

CS757 vs PSS757 Honest Opinion

I've been flying with the PSS 757 for some time now, and it's always difficult using it after using the much higher quality PMDG and Level D birds.I've seen the threads on Captain Sim, but they seem more angled towards their poor support rather than how the aircraft actually flies.What I'm after is an honest opinion from someone who has owned both the CS 757 and the PSS 757 as to which one is the better 757 simulation, leaving out the pro's/con's of Captain Sims support methods/business practices. Having read the CS manuals, they paint a good picture. Does this match the reality?Thanks

I don't own either of them, but why bother asking this question? You can look at the support forums and the bugs the CS product had on release and see it is just as crappy as PSS if not more so. If you don't like the PSS bird because it doesn't reach the quality of PMDG or LDS, then I'm sure you'll be disappointed at the CS offering as well.

If you already have the PSS then simply look at the list of 757 v2.0 bugs. Its not about support, its about bugs that are clearly posted in their forum. It should be clear that if the things that are working in your current PSS are showing as broken in the CS 757 then you have your answer.

If you are comparing either 757 to PMDG and Level D offerings, they are like apples and oranges (but so is the price)IMHO.I have a number of other PSS offerings, but do not have the PSS 757 and assume that you do not have the CS 757. Therefore, you may want to ignore the following, but for what it is worth:I have the base CS 757-200 which was relatively inexpensive when I purchased it. Your implications are that you prize the LDS-767 (don't we all). Thanks to another thread (FS2004), it led me to a merge between the CS757-200 aircraft and the LDS-767 panel in both FS9 and/or FSX. I went that route and as near as I can tell, the CS-757 flies equal to the LDS-767 now with full FMC and the works (except the beacon doesn't light up, everything else does). Ironically (to me) there seems to be little interest, but it is now one of my favorites.Good luck:RTH

I bought the Block F after the 2 year b.s. wait and I assure you that I am not happy about the way Captain Sim treated me as a customer. To make anyone wait that long for a product is the definition of poor customer service. And yes, their forum is a complete waste of time. Generic replies and removed posts are the common practice. But I bought the Block F to bring some closure to my 757 saga. I will not eagerly buy from Captain Sim after this unless they make some dramatic changes in their planning, promises, and practices.However, I will say this. Most of the bugs that are reported are not really bugs. They are the result of improper procedures by the user (there is no manual for Block F yet), they are conflicts from a faulty installation, or they are a random conflict with their existing system and/or flight sim software. The only "bug" I have seen is the brakes message problem, which is easily fixed with the FS9 cfg tweak. I actually love not having the brakes message appear, so that was a blessing in disguise when I found that fix on the net.The PSS is a completely worthless model. The outdated, free Posky model is better to this day than the PSS model. PSS, to me, was always stronger in the panel and systems area. But now, you get the basic flight management functionality with the Block F. Although the instrument lighting is a little lackluster, the Captain Sim virtual cockpit is pretty stellar. I think the Captain Sim 757 is now the best 757 available. It might not have Level-D functionality, but it has followed my flight plans so far with accuracy and it definitely has the look to catch your eye. People complain about poor frame rates with it and what not, but I never get below 30 at major airports. Maybe people need to pony up for newer hardware or learn how to set what they've got correctly?If you are a FS9 user, it doesn't look like it will get much better than the Captain Sim 757. The 757 was, in my opinion, the most neglected major (current) airliner in FS9. It is my favorite, so I was always a little frustrated by that!Quality Wings is releasing a payware 757 soon, but there will not be a flight management system. That is the killer for me. It looks awesome so far, and the virtual cockpit looks like it will rival Captain Sim's. But for me, I prefer punching a keypad for waypoints, so I am satified with the CS package now.I don't want to sound like I am "spreading the gospel" about Captain Sim. I am not happy with them, but I will give credit where credit is due. They can design some models, and I think the bug reports are being blown out of proportion.That's my honest opinion, for what it's worth.

hi I am me too intrested about the comparison, but what is really important to understand is the way the aircraft behave, I have experience with the T7 of PSS, for me the way that the CDU interact with dynamics is completely wrong and superficial.Having experience with the major, the way that the T7 react and follow the flight plan is unprecise and unfluid mostely on the vertical path.A friend who bought the 757 told me that it was the same thing with the PSS 757.I am not a pilot but the way of the aircarft behave and have correct dynamics is really a foundametal and crucial aspect on buy it.What is the CS behave in this aspect?Thank youFabrizio

I don't own CS757 as I have never wanted to buy their aircraft.But I do have the PSS757 and have flown quite a lot with it.The PSS 757 is really a good and enjoyable product. I am not a RW 757 captain but it seems to me that it flies properly as for the FS9 virtual 3D space. Hard to compare to anything else or real physics. I have also merged it with the Posky models (both 200 and 300) with success (keeping the PSS FDE and most parametres).In the recent years PSS was not the LVLD/PMDG league but I wouldn't compare it with the simplified offerings like CLS, Overland or SkySimulations either. It has most of the systems, a fully working FMS, monthly AIRAC, etc. I have read somewhere a review written by a RW 757 pilot who generally praised the FDE and the product as it is.Now the main drawbacks to me (hence I stopped flying it at least for now):- although many but unfortunately NOT ALL systems are modelled- the panel is rather heavy on FPS, so flying it to large hubs is a no-go to me- though the 2D panel looks good (I like PSS art), this time the gauges are too small and hard to read for meWhat else can we do if we need to fly a good 757?Level-D are making one but (unless they hopefully change their mind) it is going to be FSX only.Best regards,Rafal

Guest nihongo

I cannot understand why some of you are criticising the 'dynamics' of the PSS product. I have both the 777 and 757. As far as I am concerned, if I was to fly anything better than these two, it would be a real Boeing. Why do I say this? Well I have actually spent time in these aircraft and I would like to try an experiment. I will ask my friend who is a T7 Senior Captain, and also any 757 pilots I can find, to test these PSS aircraft out.Anyone who knows and can arrange for a 757 pilot (in Australia or our region we see no 757s except for Royal Brunei----very occaisonal!) to do an 'unbiased test' would be appreciated.

>I cannot understand why some of you are criticising the>'dynamics' of the PSS product. Me neither, Rob Young is among the most respected of fde developers - period. Does not mean he's infallible, but I find the things as pleasant to taxi and handfly as the best of them.If people confuse autopilot programming with fde, well I have no major issues there either - gone are the overly aggressive pitch/bank behaviors of the PSS Airbuses.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Let me clear something up. PSS used POSKY's 757 FDE for their payware 757....that is a fact.

Ed,Was that still the case for the last versions 1.2 and 1.3 offered by PSS, as well as the current Just Flight offering? I was of the impression that POSKY and PSS had worked this out behind the scenes and that the initial 'mistakenly included after testing' POSKY fde had been replaced by RY's.Surely if POSKY's fde is now being sold by JF this is either a point of litigation or proceeds sharing?regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

PSS told us they would compensate us and then.....you guessed it ..nothing.Anyway PSS are no more.:)

So just one question, if you fly the leveld 767 then the 747 pmdg and you fly the PSS T7 you don't feel that there is a lot of difference in the way the aircraft behave?Don't tell me that the T7 is another aircraft and you can't compare with the other mentioned two but there is a huge difference.I am not agree in what Mark say, the autopilot programming with fde are strictly complement for the behave of the aircraft.Now if you are telling me that is useless to compare PSS among the the major I completly agree. :DThat why bird like Maddog Pmdg and Leveld make the difference.I just want to know if the CS 757 with block D and F is similar with the PSS product.Thank youFabrizio

>I am not agree in what Mark say, the autopilot programming>with fde are strictly complement for the behave of the>aircraft.>FabrizioI've said nothing that contradicts that fact Fabrizio. edit - and I think you may be incorporating all manner of justified anti-PSS sentiment into what I have actually said otherwise. I am in no wise comparing any PSS product to LDS or PMDG etc overall, but some aspects DO shine.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>>I am not agree in what Mark say, the autopilot programming>>with fde are strictly complement for the behave of the>>aircraft.>>>Fabrizio>>I've said nothing that contradicts that fact Fabrizio.>>regards,>MarkNo problem.bestFabrizio