Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

CS757 vs PSS757 Honest Opinion

Almost forgot Mr RFTM. No one who has purchased the 757-200 within a certain period of time CAN RFTM because the CS website is NOT ALLOWING anyone to sign up. This means:1) You CANNOT get the manual because, the manual doesn't come with the aircraft, it has to be accessed seperately.To access the manual seperately you have to...wait for it...log into your CS account that you can't get because it is not available.:-lol

Stam:No worries. I think I was (am) a bit frustrated, so we deserve a timeout :)Thanks for the info on the manual. No luck however. Are you able to start from Cold and Dark???1) Power On.2) APU On.3) APU Bleed Air On.4) Packs Off5) Engine Starter (left or right) to GND6) I don't get either N1s to move from 0.0!Regards,Mike T.

Hmm... I do this way:>1) Power On.>2) APU On.>3) APU Bleed Air On.>4) Packs OffCheck that:- Eng Bleed Air Valve On- Fuel Pumps ON >5) Engine Starter (left or right) to GNDHere try to reset Engine Starter even if it was in GND posAnd6) When N1 reaches 18-20RPM start Fuel Control (Cut Off) Sw.

Yep, nothing gets the engines to move. I even tried loading the default Cessna with the engine running and then the engines are running. If I shut them down they cannot be started again.I have no problems starting the PSS 757 or LDS 767 which would use the exact same procedures and checklists. I've posed this in the Captain Sim forum (along with a SLEW of other bugs that I've found just sitting on the ground) but no answers yet. :-(

Is there any way to undock the O/H and drag it to another monitor? For me it seems to drag my entire display?This is the first add-on yet that I am unable to accomplish this with so any help would be appreciated.Also, is there a configuration setting to add airspeed and altitude bars to either side of the PFD? Not sure why I can't see them but I am sure they have to be there.Thx,-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi I appreciate the help, I really do. But I don't use the 2D panel and I know how to start the engines.1- The APU starts up with no problem2- Bleed air shows with no problem3- Isolation valves on (not needed to start left engine only)4- Starters should be 1 or 2 NEVER both unless for maintenance.5- No movement of N1 This maybe a Vista problem? I don't know at this point. Mind you I am a RW pilot (used to be a 737 FO for COA for 6 years) so I'm not fumbling around trying to figure out how to start an airplane :-lolOn my system, it doesn't work. Also check out the 3 other bugs I've found while sitting on the ground with no response from CS.I think its time to dispute the credit card charge because quite frankly this is ridiculous. This is not a RTFM issue and maybe I'm the only one in the world whose system can't run the aircraft but it is what it is.

I have both. Was very disappointed in the delays from Capt SimThe flight dynamics with Capt Sim 757 are for very good and superior to PSS 757. Flight management system has worked quite well but he sim is so full of irrelevant eye candy and views and yet there is no pedestal with the 2D panel!!! How one can fly seriosly without the pedestal?? Moreover the virtual panel does not respond fast enough to fly with that aloneHope this helps

Nice reply you made to them. I go over to that forum occasionally and it is truly astonishing how terrible they are at basically everything.

Mike are you nut's !! I can't believe you went for it....There's taking one for the team, but self mutilation is not required LOL.I thought I've seen bad service over the years, but there is no doubt they are the worst I've ever encountered. I wonder if when they were dealing with ACES building the F-18 model, if they used the same tone, responces & attitude when ACES had any questions or problems .... And on that note, thank god Aces didn't get them to do the gauge/system modeling along with the F-18 model ....Regards'Garett

Hey Mike,This behavior is nothing new for CS. The only thing "legendary" about their whole operation is the complete arrogance they display when it comes to what they "think" they know about aircraft.Here is a link to the most classic display of CS arrogance:http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1144339351It was commonly known that they just copied the autopilot from the 727 for the 707 (probably because they are so inept at programming autopilots and didn't really have any reference material for the 707), but when they are called on it, they claim that the 707 flew with both types.Now, I don't know about you, but when a flight engineer with 23 years in the 707 and another person with many years in it AND is currently flying the 727 tell you you're wrong, I'd tend to take their word for it that the 707 never flew with a 727 AP. But CS, in typical arrogant fashion, just basically blew them both off and stuck to their lame excuse that it did. Read the posts from skeating and diezel8, then look at how CS responds. Arrogant (and wrong), to the end.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg