Sign in to follow this  
deaconblues

Better water colors...

I'm using UT USA, GE Pro and Active Sky 6.5. I love how they have transformed my scenery, mostly. My only real AESTHESTIC problem: I'm in St. Louis, so I do a lot of flying into and out of KSTL and KCPS, which, often, takes me over the Mississippi River. I hope that many people are aware that this river has earned it's nickname "Big Muddy" for very good reason.Of course, in my FS with my scenery enhancements, the river, and all the water that I've seen, is a pretty Baby Blue.Can anyone please recommend a water package, pay- or freeware, that will allow me to tweak my water colors without compromising the other features of the above-named addons?Thank you!

Guest belga1

Hello,Of course you will be able to change the colors of the rivers or lakes ....But if you want your particular river be muddy color .. all the other rivers will be also muddy :)So you gain realistic rendering for your particular river but you lost for others (all rivers are not muddy)That's the life .. and we must live with it .. as it's one of the many restrictions of FS ..... :)Cheers for now.

Yeah, and that's what I thought would be the most common answer. You're absolutely right, and I know that some rivers are very clean and shiny... you'll have to take my word for it, that giving the Miss its muddy look is worth doing that to all other waters! LOLAnd for the first reply: I've had Real Env. Pro in the past, and liked most of it. I probably will snag some water textures from that one.

>Hello,>>Of course you will be able to change the colors of the rivers>or lakes ....>But if you want your particular river be muddy color .. all>the other rivers will be also muddy :)>So you gain realistic rendering for your particular river but>you lost for others (all rivers are not muddy)>That's the life .. and we must live with it .. as it's one of>the many restrictions of FS ..... :)It's not really a limitation. Part of the problem is that the default waterclass file didn't have much work done on it by MS. You can create a custom waterclass, using eg, waterclass 8 for the Miss river, and with an appropriate texture in sceneryworldtexture you could probably get good looking river water. FSX is better in this respect. Here's some fooling around I did (in the foreground):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187780.jpgI suspect that the "heightfield" file also has an effect that has to be looked at.scott s..