Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

Owners of BluePrint's KMEM, please check....

If you own this scenery please check this for me. I got this the 2nd day of release, and immediately found errors in the gate numbering (ground vs terminal), and also errors in the AFCAD. I emailed them with the problems, and supposedly corrected it. They released an update which replaced the terminal, jetways bgl, as well as the afcad. But the update is still not correct.After I applied the update (I did it correctly), there were still errors. Further emails (with screenshots) were sent both ways. Their screenshots were correct, but mine were still showing the mistakes. I deleted KMEM with COntrol Panel, removed the KMEM folder after, and did a fresh install with the same results. Called BMT MIcro (their distributor), got my password reset, and did a new d/l today, of the supposedly correct installer. Guess what.....same results!!What I would like to confirm is if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing. Go to gate A20 and see if the number on the terminal building matches what is on the ground. Also, if you have the bad files, there will be 2 A12's on the ground. There are also mistakes in the B Concourse and the C as well.This is for FS9 by the way.Once the numbering issue is resolved, I will be releasing a modified AFCAD with correct gate sizing and correct parking codes.Thanks for your help!Rick

Just downloaded the installer and the fix. My installer is already updated with the fix files, but unfortunately, there are duplicate A12 ground markings and no A20 ground marking.Do you want me to mail them as well? Or maybe you should refer to this thread.

Mike...

I checked and I have the same problems as well. Thought my problems were with the AFCAD only and have messed with it for the last three days with no luck. Has Ignacio at Blueprint confirmed the problem? Thanks,Scott

The last we emailed each other was 3 days ago. He said they were confused by what I am seeing, as all of their setups show everything is fixed! Perhaps he is just "ducking" my emails thinking I am "some kind of nut" or something. I think now is the time for everyone who has the problem to contact Blueprint to show them that the problem is NOT fixed.Rick

This is a copy of the Ignacio's reply to me this morning. Looks like I will not be doing business with them any more if this is how they respond to problems!Rick"Rick, I do not appreciate this kind of requests. The files have been corrected for more than a week now. You must download the patch from our web site. I even sent you pictures of what the scenery looks like and I have proof that I sent you the files as soon as they were corrected. I have a receipt indicating that the e-mail was received. If you are tired of waiting, I am tired of replying to your e-mails about a problem that was resolved the same day the scenery was released. That is the best we can do. If you are unable to download the patch, that is not our responsibility. If you are not satisfied with the product, please request a refund from BMT. I will be extremely happy to authorize the refund. Otherwise, please communicate with me only with

BluePrint should examine the patch file to be sure the modified files were included in the patch. It's possible the new version and old version were crossed when the update was issued and the patch still installs the former files. I can't think of any other way customers would see one thing and the developer, referencing their own files, would see another.

The problem is just not related to the patch file. On their site, ot says if you d/l'd the product before 5pm on March 12th, again an error, as it was released in April, then apply th e patch. Which should mean that the full installer is now correct. As I stated, I was able to redownload the full installer yesterday, and it has the same errors!!Needless to say, I took him up on his offer for a refund! Let's see if I get it!He has some way of trying to grow his business, when he flat out tells you he doesn't want you to purchase any more of his products. Needless to say, you don't have to hit me over the head twice. There is is pretty good freeware out there anyway. Also if you look at his AFCAD, the gate radii are HUGE. Concourse A & C are only for Northwest Airlink, not NW. A simple change to NWAX instead of NWA in the parking code brings all the rj's back. AirTran's gate is mislabeled, as weel as Delta not having enough gates. FedEx's parking has wingtips from plane going almost through the fuselage of the plane next to it.As I said I have un updated AFCAD done which corrects most of this. I was waiting on the fixed version, so I could make sure that the gate numbers in the scenery matched the gate numbers of the AFCAD. Since technically I no longer have the product (at least until after my refund clears) I probably won't be able to finish it. If when it is fixed, if someone will just define the gate numbers in the scenery for me, I will finish and release the Afcad. No reason to punish all the good people here!!Rick

It looks they just changed their downloads section, and it now says that THIS FIX is for all versions. All that seems that was done was take the Terminals.bgl, Jetways.bgl, and another AFCAD and switch between a zip file and changed it to a exe. Since I have not got my refund yet,I d/l'd it and installed. You won't believe this, it's still the same......all the same errors, nothings changed. Oh I was wrong about nothings changed. Ignacio removed the credit he gave me for finding the problems in the first place. Oh well, I had my 15 minutes of fame.Could someone else test out this latest update and see what you get!Thanks!Rick

Rick,Post the AFCAD...I would sincerely like to see it. I have been playing with the AFCAD for the last week and can not get it right. I would love to see what you did with it.I, like you, have been waiting for a payware KMEM for FS2004. I would love to get it running right. It looks good, except for the few errors...Too bad your email exchange exchange became "agitated." Cheers, (-:Scott PS...I just dowloaded the latest installer and all the misnumbered gates seem to be corrected.

>Rick,>>Post the AFCAD...I would sincerely like to see it. I have>been playing with the AFCAD for the last week and can not get>it right. I would love to see what you did with it.>>I, like you, have been waiting for a payware KMEM for FS2004. >I would love to get it running right. It looks good, except>for the few errors...Too bad your email exchange exchange>became "agitated." >>Cheers, (-:>Scott >>PS...I just dowloaded the latest installer and all the>misnumbered gates seem to be corrected.Scott, did you do the whole installer or just the fix?Rick

I just redownloaded the complete installer again, which I tried yesterday also. It showed the same errors. Then I applied the new fix, which they just put up today, and as Scott reported above, it appears to have fixed the errors.Unfortunetely, I will technically have to delete this now once my refund goes through. I could repurchase it, but after the way Ignacio acted and treated me, I will NEVER give him another dime of my money.This would probably never have hapeened if they still had their forum. Customers would have a place to discuss this, and with more than one having the same problem, the company would know there is a problem. But when you have to send an email in, and they choose not to reply, after you spent money on their product, and your time showing them where the mistakes where, you feel taken!! I have my own business, in a CNC service industry, and would never think of talking to my customers that way, especially telling you not to purchase any more of their products.I would also like to see if Ignacio is man enough to apolgize, as there obviously was a problem. From my dealing with him, I won't hold my breath!!!SCOTT check your pmRick

> I'll send a mail, let's see what we can accomplish.I got a very polite reply back. What Bruce pointed out, about the patch containing incorrect files, I concluded as well and I had already mentioned it in my email. I also included a capture of KMEM's scenery folder, showing all the file details, so they could compare everything. And that's how they have finally managed to pinpoint the problem, I think. It was not an issue with the three changed files, the scenery folder simply contained too many files, some leftovers from the development stage. Among others, duplicate marking files...So that's why it's no longer a zip file, the installer is there to delete stuff too. And it does fix this particular problem!About the Afcad, every one of their Afcads needs serious tweaking, this one as well. Personally, I like doing that, so it's not a big problem. But Rick, hope you still release yours.;-)

Mike...

MikeWill you release yours?Thanks,Lynn Fisher

Not in the Library, but feel free to try it. Make sure your AI fleet is properly coded, I use the X variant for all regional traffic. And make sure your model radii conform to the PAI recommended radius spec.

Mike...