Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdescente1156

DirectX Serious Problem

Guest kdescente1156

Somehow, DirectX 10 got instaled on my system, with a non-compatable DirectX 10 Video card. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how it would've installed- there's no mention of it in my Vista Updates. So my question is this- How the heck do I uninstall DX10 and revert back to DX9c? Ever since DX10 got installed, FS9 performance and quality have gone down the pooper, and I am getting video card driver failures every 4 or 5 minutes, which is annoying as all ####.Help, please!!!???Specs:IntelD 3.3 DualCore2GB RAMBFG nVidia 7900GT 256MBWindows Vista Home PremiumThanks in advance!

Hi,In WindowsXP and most likely Vista too there is no uninstall option for DX.I don't know about DX10 but there are (commercial) uninstallers available for DX9/WinXP. Search on the internet and most likely you will find a solution.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest belga1

Hello, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how it would've installed- there's no mention of it in my Vista UpdatesMy first rule when working with Windows OS is to disable the automatic update service.This avoid you many pains :)Just a suggestion of course :)Cheers for now.

>Somehow, DirectX 10 got instaled on my system, with a>non-compatable DirectX 10 Video card. I'm racking my brain>trying to figure out how it would've installed- there's no>mention of it in my Vista Updates. >>So my question is this- How the heck do I uninstall DX10 and>revert back to DX9c? Ever since DX10 got installed, FS9>performance and quality have gone down the pooper, and I am>getting video card driver failures every 4 or 5 minutes, which>is annoying as all ####.>>Help, please!!!???>>Specs:>IntelD 3.3 DualCore>2GB RAM>BFG nVidia 7900GT 256MB>Windows Vista Home Premium>>Thanks in advance!Vista only comes with DX10! It will only run that way with DX10 compliant cards! If you have a DX9 card it will run in DX9 mode only. There is no separate DX9 for Vista, that's only in XP. DX10 in Vista, contains multiple versions of the Direct3D module to maintain compatibility with DX9 cards. If that's not working in your case, it is probably a problem with your video driver or the card itself! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your video drivers?Edit: One other thing! Nvidia has released drivers specific to their 9 series cards, make sure you are not using those drivers with your card.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guys,Relax! DX-10 was installed when VISTA was installed. It was not an update, patch, SP, or anything like that.You cannot remove it, disable it, do a system restore, downgrade, or re-install DX9.If you REALLY don't want DX10 then you have one, and only one option: uninstall VISTA and install XP!As Tom stated, non-DX10 cards will run under DX9, which is ALSO installed with VISTA!Use the proper VISTA drivers for your video cards and you will be all set!!Thanks!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Ummm, Vista COMES with DX10 by default but is compatible with DX9. You can't unistall DX10 from Vista. If you don't have a DX10 video card then you are using DX9 no matter how many times Vista updates DX10.