Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihongo

Select Aircraft 3d image black and hanging my comp.

Guest nihongo

I have an Nvidia card. I followed the steps of windowing my FS9. I can load all my saved flights. But when it comes to that window with the 3d image of the aircraft rotating around, it hangs FS9.I don't even have antisoptric filtering on within FS9.Any ideas or tips?How can I get this select aircraft not to hang the system?True, I installed scenery and addon aircraft in the last few days. All freeware.

Guest nihongo

If I reset defaults in FS9 troubleshooting, I am then able to, in windowed mode, to select aircraft. But when I change the settings back to my usual, which is a higher resolution x 32 and better quality display settings.I think having the higher settings is causing this problem.Is there something amiss in my CFG file?Edit: It seems I am not completely correctEven after rest launching a flight then going to window mode, it still goes black.I am going to copy over the default FS files with my backup (or from a fresh install in a new directory).What files should I keep? I mean make a backup copy of?

Guest nihongo

AF is off but AA was on FULL.

Guest nihongo

On a fresh install, on another directory, the blackouts are not happening.Why is this?

Guest johnegg

Hi, I have experienced this black aircraft screen before, and lowering AA and AF settings does help.However comprimising on video card settings is not really the answer, the real problem is with the Nvidea driver you are using.I will check when I get home which driver I am using as this one allows higher AA and AF settings and does not result in a black screen on the aircraft selection window. Its also important before installing new drivers to ensure you run a driver cleaner to ensure a clean install of the new driver, there are many good free driver cleaners on the internet.Regards JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbCH Products Yoke & Pedals & throttle quadHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest nihongo

On a different folder I have a fresh install and it is SO fast!I just need to figure out how I can use the PSS757. There are quite a few files to copy over. See my new thread.

Guest johnegg

Hi have checked and I am using Nvidia driver 169.21 with Nhancer and 16x AA & 4x AF and have no probs displaying aircraft pictures in the select aircraft window.Regards JohnCore2 Duo 66002048 MB DDR160GB HDDNVidia 7950 512mbCH Products Yoke & PedalsHead TrackerRC4AShttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

I had this problem with black preview 3D image but it didn't hang up FS. I could solve the problem by using an older driver 84.21 with my NVIDIA 6600GT 256M DDR3.

Guest nihongo

I think it might have something to with addons of either scenery or aircraft (can too many addons slow your system down beyond it capabilities?).I copied some gauge files over to the gauges folder, installed Netherlands freeware scenery and I installed a few others.On my new config I think it works ok (fresh install). Thanks for your suggestions guys.