Sign in to follow this  
Guest Outer Marker

Overland Airbus FDE updates posted

Thanks, Bryan!! Let me ask you guys: with the USDollar down against the Euro, these are now $31. Are they worth it?Kind of a dumb question I guess, but I just want somebody to tell me it's ok to buy them. :->

Guest Outer Marker

Personally I think they are a terrific value. No complex install, superb visual models, vast variety of repaints available at AVSIM. In my experience they are a great replacement for the default FS2004 aircraft. As you are aware, Microsoft doesn't include any default Airbus models in FS2004. I use FSNavigator a lot, and I find that the Overland package (especially with my updates) really lends itself to FSNavigator flying as your FMS / autopilot. The default panels for the Overland package are a bit low-tech, but the beauty of that is that you can install almost any third part panel, free or payware, and still use it with the Overland package!When it comes down to it, I haven't seen a package that is so flexible.-- Bryan

Yes, I already have their Boeing package and I love it for every reason you cite here. Ans since I fly with almost the exact same style as you, Bryan -- using using FSNavigator and all -- you make an excellent point in that Microsoft did not include any Airbus series with Flight Simulator. That argument alone is enough to justify my purchase, despite the weak dollar.Thank you for the nudge! AND all your hard work on the FDE updates. I look forward to using them extensively.