Sign in to follow this  
Guest nihongo

Payware 737 for FS2004

Guest nihongo

There is a PIC, an Ariane and PMDG. Are the any more makers of the 737 for FS2004?Can the relevant owners (especially if you like them) describe your 737? I have the PMDG, but would like to discuss the differences.If you hate yours, why?

I have the PIC and the PMDG 737s and the first and more crucial difference between the packages is that they cover different generations of 737. The PIC covers the 300-500 series (known as the Glass Guppies) and the PMDG covers the 600-900 (known as the Next Generation Guppies). As such, they look different visually both externally and internally, though the overhead panels are similar. Performance wise, I get about the same frame rates with the PIC being slightly lower. As for aircraft performance, I get less fuel efficiency with the PIC 737 as is realistic. If you don't care about other 737 variants, then the PMDGs are fine. If you want to complete the series, then go ahead and get the PIC package.I fly for a Virtual airline that flies the 300, 400, 700, and 800 series so I find myself using both, but since we have fewer of the NGs (700/800s), I typically get assigned to the 300/400s more.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I like the PMDG more, only because it looks a little nicer and I'm a fan of the NG.I own the FT 737 and love it. It also has weather radar. As said by the above poster FT 737 PIC is the "classic" version of the 737 (300-500).If your a fan of the PMDG you will love the FT bird. I know alot complain about it but I like it.

FT would be feelThere, the producer of the 737PIC package.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest pred02

The very first commerical add-on I tried was the PIC/Feelthere 737. I learned to fly the FMC on this puppy. Until the MD80, the PIC737 was the most interactive addon I have used. I later got the PMDG 737, which is also very good. The PMDG is dated, PIC has a lot more manual interaction on the analog panel. PMDG has a better Virtual Cockpit, and better visual model.Some of the later updates to the PIC are flawed (irratic behavior), so check the forums to see which version (patch) is the best.Both are excellent, PMDG probably has an edge as an overall product, though it's an aged product and that is reflected once you step into the cockpit.

Yes, the occasional erratic behavior has been a problem with the PIC, but it seems less with the latest update. I've been flying it rather regularly and have become rather intimate with its quirks. I think you've stated it rather succinctly.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

I also have the PIC 737 and I really like the aircraft. I do not have the PMDG 737, but I do have their 747-400. The level of detail in the 747-44 is outstanding. The only thing that has held be back from purchasing the PMDG 737 is that I was told that you can not save a flight in process. I like to fly real time and I have a family. Oftem times I am unable to complete a flight due to family issues. Being able to save a flight in process is very impotant to me, so I fly the PIC 737. Note: With the PMDG 747-400/400F you are able to save and restore a flight in process.Tom

Guest nihongo

Yeah Tom,I agree and the PSS product 757 can do this. The PMDG cannot often I have to load up the FMC plan and get a reissued clearance!

The inability to save the panel was not a detraction for me, but I can see in your circumstance where it would be. Though the only reason I ended up purchasing either was out of want for good aircraft for MidContinent's 737 fleet, the 300 and 400s (the bulk of our fleet) urged me to get the PIC package, and the PMDG covers our seven 700s and three 800s.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan