Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Shift 1234--etc what about above 10?

Hello AllI have installed a lot of gauges in my various aircraft panels,most of these have icons to open and close them,but some (jelair speeds)i i open and close using the shift method,but what if you have windows in your aircraft CFG above nine,is it possible to open them also using the shift method?or are limited up to nine.Hope this makes sense.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Theoretically at least, you can have as many "gauges" as you wish - and many may be installed with a panel icon to "call" them.But as far as I have been able to determine, you are limited to nine via the shift method.The others can still be viewed by selecting Views and then Instrument Panel from the menu bar at the top of you screen (windowed mode).Assuming they were properly installed (each has it's own window number) and are listed under your [Window Titles] section of the panel.cfg, they will be selectable from the dialogue described above.Hope this helps.

>Theoretically at least, you can have as many "gauges" as you>wish - and many may be installed with a panel icon to "call">them.>>But as far as I have been able to determine, you are limited>to nine via the shift method.>>The others can still be viewed by selecting Views and then>Instrument Panel from the menu bar at the top of you screen>(windowed mode).>>Assuming they were properly installed (each has it's own>window number) and are listed under your [Window Titles]>section of the panel.cfg, they will be selectable from the>dialogue described above.>>Hope this helps.>Thanks DaveI suspected as much.I had thought about assigning another icon,but it would have to one of the available as i don't know how to create my own.cheers Andy

Guest ha5mvo

creating an XML clickspot is fairly easy. use notepad and create a file called, say, Myspot.xml with the following code- 11500 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Now, spot.bmp may be an icon you create (or borrow from the sims icons) or a blank bitmap for a hidden clickspot.The window(subpanel) to be toggled on and off should have the same Panel_id (11500 in this example)basically that's all there's to it. now you have a gauge named myspot that will toggle the window with an id of 11500.

>creating an XML clickspot is fairly easy. use notepad and>create a file called, say, Myspot.xml with the following code>>>>-> >>>11500 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)>>>>Now, spot.bmp may be an icon you create (or borrow from the>sims icons) or a blank bitmap for a hidden clickspot.>>The window(subpanel) to be toggled on and off should have the>same Panel_id (11500 in this example)>>basically that's all there's to it. now you have a gauge named>myspot that will toggle the window with an id of 11500.HelloThanks for that.I am sure it is easy(eventually:-) )i can install third party gauges and position them etc but still don't quite understand how you create an icon or use an available one.What i am trying to do is install a click on icon for the POSKY utilty Panel which controls the many doors,cargo loading effects ,stairs vehicles etc Normally i would use the SHIFT 1,2,3 method but i have over ten windows assigned so i cant,and as i use full screen mode for flight i try to minimize going from windowed to full and back.Anyway Thanks cheers Andy

You don't need to switch back and forth - the Alt key will bring up the menu bar at the top when you are in Full screen mode.

>You don't need to switch back and forth - the Alt key will>bring up the menu bar at the top when you are in Full screen>mode.>>Hello DavidYes i did know about the ALT key,but i would much rather have an icon in the panel.Cheers Andy

Andy,I know about your aversion to payware, but have you looked at Key2Mouse? << http://wideview.it/key2mouse.htm >>Once you have the hot spot defined, an icon is just a resized .bmp image -- you can make an icon even with IrfanView.Keep us posted on your solution.

>creating an XML clickspot is fairly easy. use notepad and>create a file called, say, Myspot.xml with the following code>>>>-> >>>11500 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)>>>>Now, spot.bmp may be an icon you create (or borrow from the>sims icons) or a blank bitmap for a hidden clickspot.>>The window(subpanel) to be toggled on and off should have the>same Panel_id (11500 in this example)>>basically that's all there's to it. now you have a gauge named>myspot that will toggle the window with an id of 11500.Can you do this without a bitmap? I only ask because I've always thought of making the annunciators for the doors into click-spots on the PIC and PMDG panels.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satellite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MIDCON P-401"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

>Andy,>>I know about your aversion to payware, but have you looked at>Key2Mouse? >><< http://wideview.it/key2mouse.htm >>>>Once you have the hot spot defined, an icon is just a resized>.bmp image -- you can make an icon even with IrfanView.>>Keep us posted on your solution.Thanks Chuck By the way i am not averse to payware,i just don't have the means to buy it on-line.(which is probably a good thing as i would likely spend a fortune:-))I will have a look at the program you mention.PS I am actually engaged at the moment in trying to get the latest POSKY VER4 to perform a little better by altering textures,and even removing some all together ie the fancy ground vehicle stuff,converting just fuselage to dxt3(usually the other way round and generally fiddling and tweaking.Actually it seems to be working.Cheers Andy