Sign in to follow this  
Guest weeniemcween

Bloom Plugin!!!

Guest weeniemcween

So, I was perusing the IL-2 Sturmovik forums and I came upon this bloom/etc plugin (i don't think it's actually HDR) people are using with various games, developed by some Russian programmer. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3121&page=2From there I navigated to a linked Lock On thread, where someone posted the directx 9 version of the plugin.http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=29752&page=14pluginhttp://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?atta...18&d=1208563162Long story short, it works in FS2004 AND FSX!!!before, fs2004http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3557/beforedm5.jpgafter, fs2004http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/716/afterus2.jpgbefore, fsxhttp://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6333/before2ms1.jpgafter, fsxhttp://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6267/after2uz8.jpgThe best part is, negligible performance hit with a recent card with just bloom on. Also it's a fully customizable effect. The default bloom is too much during the day and general brightness too dark at night-and I like a slightly brighter day-so here are some of my settings which differ from the download:parentheses are heading brackets (BLOOM)BloomPowerDay=7BloomConstantNight=2(COLORCORRECTION)DarkeningAmountDay=-5DarkeningAmountNight=0

Guest weeniemcween

The instructions are in the readme. You just copy the contents into the root folder of either fs9 or fsx (does not overwrite anything). Then when playing, you press shift-f12 to turn it off and on.The settings are in an ini file.Very simple and noninvasive.I have no idea whether it works in fsx directx 10 mode, however.

Guest weeniemcween

No sir.Appears to be quite stable. But I did more rigorous testing in fs9, moduled out, than FSX, less altered.

Hello,Looks nice! But eats 10 of 25 Frames in FS2004 with default settings in the ini file.I will try a little moreRegardsUli

Guest weeniemcween

I'M SORRYIn enbseries.ini under EFFECT turn off everything except EnableBloomSo make last five =0EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=1EnableReflection=1EnableMotionBlur=1EnableWater=1EnableShadow=1

It's an awesome effect, but I think the guy needs to go back to his drawing board concerning flight simulation (maybe it works perfectly for San Andreas). For FS9 it surely is a no option:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187868.jpgIf unreadable, it reads 7.3fps.(This scene renders 40fps locked, around 60-80fps unlocked).

Hm, must reply to my own post: seems like a bug. Sometimes its there, sometimes not. A few seconds later I get 30fps and up again...

ARRRGGGHHHH! ok now thats out of my system. The good news and the bad news. For 90% of you this is one of the best visual addons I have tried in ages. Zero performance hit on a core2duo and ATI HD3870 512mb.I set the aircraft up at Aerosoft Heathrow 27R with thunderstorms at night and with a few tweaks the sim looked amazing, almost cinematic.I started thinking this is too good to be true and it is for the remaining 10%. I decided to set up a proper flight to check out any bugs, my sim runs over 3 monitors with TrackIR. As soon as I undocked the FMC EICAS etc to the other screens FS9 froze up on me :(I tried disabling and tweaking a few things in my card settings and nothing works :( So if you have multi monitors don't download this program, you'll just end up getting depressed. FS9 aint gonna look the same to me anymore.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest weeniemcween

If you want a more subtle effect see some of the ini suggestions posted by meatwater and myself in the fsx forum.such asBloomPowerDay=5instead of 7DarkeningAmountDay=5instead of -5BloomAllowOversaturation=0instead of 1, but increase bloom power and and constant day to 10, and 2.

Extensive testing shows that the effect is to be used with caution: certainly not for normal operations. Beside other testes, I commanded a take-off from FlyTampa Vienna in a PMDG 747 2D cockpit in default Building Storms. Without Bloom, maintaining between 30 and 40 (locked at 40). With Bloom on, dropping mostly below 20fps. 30-50% performance loss, don't think so.Also a note, GPU memory usage without the .dll, usually up to 200mb (on a 512mb card). With the .dll in the folder, usually around 95% already on load - can't really explain it, but there were no memory errors.Conclusion: Certainly a great effect for some screenshots, for occasional use. But not something I would permanently use.

>If you want a more subtle effect see some of the ini>suggestions posted by meatwater and myself in the fsx forum.>>such as>>BloomPowerDay=5>instead of 7>DarkeningAmountDay=5>instead of -5>>BloomAllowOversaturation=0>instead of 1, but increase bloom power and and constant day to>10, and 2. im a little confused..do you mean IF i change "BloomAllowOversaturation"to "0" THEN i should change "BloomPowerDay" to "10" ?..or which BloomPower do you mean instead of the one you said to change to "5"?ps: no framehits here..its the same with mod activated as without.

Guest weeniemcween

>im a little confused..do you mean IF i change "BloomAllowOversaturation"to "0" THEN i should change "BloomPowerDay" to "10" ?Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry for not being clear.To Srdjan,As far as performance, I would guess that problems would arise because of the following: a lot of people make good use of graphics cards way more powerful than what is needed for fs2004 by increasing antialiasing to obscene levels. So if you're using nhancer, turn down aa to 4xs from 8xs (the level stated in your signature) for instance. That way you still get good reduction of shimmering, but save resources which supersampling especially sucks up. It's a trade off, yet I prefer the image quality enhancement of bloom to even more supersampling. Also the bloom does help with the shimmering slightly.Likewise, using super transparency antialiasing with general supersampling already on is pretty overkill. Unless you absolutely can't stand any shimmering at all I don't recommend it. Current 3d games tend to use a lot of vram and high levels around 90% are not uncommon. That's why vram specs keep increasing.THIS IS BY NO MEANS A FREE EFFECT, but I suspect many of us can afford to have it on with an almost negligible performance hit because fs2004 is primarily cpu bound. Provided we keep antialiasing at a reasonable level. Try using even 4xs with a really graphically intensive game and you'll see that we actually have been living in small luxury. To sum things up, I recommend first trying this plugin with NO MORE than 4xs combined antialiasing, with multisampling transparency antialiasing.