Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

Blue Ocean textures around coastline????

Hello Fellow simmers, Please can someone tell me why I have these square and triangular textures around my coastline? Please see attached JPG

Is this a localized issue or do you see it worldwide?If it is local, where is it?Your screenies look like non-default scenery, if so try disabling the scenery in the scenery library and see if the problem goes away.If that happens then you might try to contact the scenery designer, they usually put contact info in the readme file.Hope this helps.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

HI Jo, Thanks for your reply. They are everywhere. I opened up the sim one day and they were there. I can't recall a specific file I added but I do know the problem is in the scenery/world/texture folderI would love to know which .bmp is causing this to happen. I can't bear the thought of a reinstall of all my addons there are millions of them.Paul

An another note Paul - what cloud textures are you using there and where did you get them?Thanks.Paul :)

>I do know the problem is in the scenery/world/texture folderHi Paul,Is there something specific to make you think this is the cause?I would start by disabling all addon scenery and see if the problem goes away.If so then start by adding half of your sceneries back in. If the problem comes back then disable half of those and try again. If not then add in half of what you have left and recheck the sim.this is a good procedure to pin down a specific problem.I am not an expert, but looking at your screenies makes my think this might be a landclass issue, or more correctly a waterclass issue.It looks like the LOD tiles that are waterclass are calling one texture and the water masks on the LOD tiles that are landclass are calling a different texture.So I would suggest you take a good look at any custom landclass you have, which some scenery designers include with their packages.Hope this helps.[edit]BTW, what are those addons in your pics?[edit]

sigbar.gif

HI Joe,Thanks for your replies. I know it's the scenery world texture folder because I have a back up of it and when i replace it everything works but I have addon-on scenery, a lot of it, which has different (better) texture files than the back up. the problem is somewhere amongst them is a file which is causing the problem but I don't know which one.How can I identify landclass files in the texture folder?regardspaul

Paul,Landclass files are .bgl files and will be found in scenery folders, not texture folders.Do you put all the texture files into sceneryworldtexture when you install an addon?I still think you need to go through the process I described in my last post and try to pinpoint which addon is causing the problem.If anyone else has a better idea please feel free to step in.

sigbar.gif